Several Insurance Agent Job Placements – ICEA General Insurance Company
Organization: ICEA General Insurance Company
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ICEA General Insurance Company is one of the largest insurance and financial services providers in East Africa. With extensive network in Uganda, we are now offering an opportunity for Insurance Agents to be based at our main Agency office at Zebra Plaza, Kampala Road.
Job Summary: The Agents will support ICEA General Insurance Company and serve as independent contractors and shall be remunerated by way of attractive commission and monthly performance incentives. The rate of Commission shall be as determined and regulated by the Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA). The Agents will mainly be responsible for various types of General Insurance products to Businesses and Individuals on behalf of ICEA General Insurance Uganda Limited, including Motor, Fire, Property, Personal Accident, Property, Home, Medical, Travel insurances, specialized insurance such as Marine, Agriculture and Professional Indemnity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell and promote the Company’s General Insurance products to potential and existing clients.
- Seek leads and develop clientele through networking so as to find new and potential customers.
- Contact potential clients and making presentations to prospective clients.
- Present proposals and requests for insurance to the Company’s underwriters for quotations and promptly communicate the terms to the clients.
- Follow up on quotations to close business and obtain feedback from clients.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled such as medical Examinations, completion of appropriate forms.
- The incumbent submit duly completed proposal forms to the Company and obtain confirmation binding cover.
- Deliver insurance documents to the client and explain the policy terms and conditions
- Maintain regular contact with the clients to nurture the relationship between the Company and customers.
- Follow up policy renewals to retain the business.
- Report clients’ claims to the Company and follow up claims documentation from the
- Follow up the claim with the Company on behalf of the client and provide information on the claim status to ensure prompt settlement of claim;
- Forward customer queries and complaints to the Company and ensure the same are addressed;
- Identify customer needs and present them to the Company;
- Obtain information on activities in the market and advise the Company on business opportunities and threats;
- Maintain a record of all business acquired and prospective clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the ICEA general insurance company Insurance Agent job should hold relevant Diploma/Degree in a business or marketing related field,
- Prior experience in sales and marketing will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of and Qualifications in Insurance will be an added advantage
- Prospecting Skills;
- Organized, aggressive and self-driven;
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet set goals and targets;
- Honesty, reliability and dependability;
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to network and build relationships;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter with a detailed CV including present position, phone contacts of two professional referees to [email protected] and [email protected]icea.co.ug 0r call 0701091910
Deadline: 10th February 2020