Several IT Service Support Jobs – Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Organization: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Makerere University News Updates for 2019 - 2020
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Finance Trust Bank is licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank after taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 400,000 depositors and over 23,000 borrowers, through a network of 36 branches countrywide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The IT Service Support will provide first-line of support to all staff and business partners at the Bank. Responsible for assigning and resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support diverse user base through effective use of the helpdesk system, maintain work orders assigned, manage day-to-day operations of the corporate Helpdesk system, and assign tickets as they are logged.
- Triage, record status and system changes using ticketing/change control systems in accordance with defined processes and SLA’s.
- To deliver support to end users in the utilization of various software systems for efficient and effective fulfillment of business objectives.
- Monitor the IT Service Desk platform to process incidents and requests in line with IT procedures and processes.
- Exhibit excellent customer service at all times by providing satisfactory support to the end users.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of ICT Services Management in the bank.
- Encourage, maintain and develop a professional business relationship with end-users by providing timely service responses.
- Managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of ICT Services provisioning.
- Promptly and properly escalates unresolved issues, including complete problem descriptions, documentation of all actions performed, and all other pertinent details.
- Provide support and solutions within ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem and Change management
- Communicate IT changes, outages and keep end users informed about the processing of their calls.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Finance Trust Bank (FTB) IT Service Support job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology and Information systems.
- Person with ITIL Foundation Certificate is preferable.
- Working in a Service Desk environment with experience ranging from 2 – 5 years providing 1st & 2nd level support is preferred.
- Excellent telephone, written and communication skills
- Experience using Service Desk Management tools
- Proficient at multi-tasking with excellent keyboard skills
- Good knowledge of software and hardware products.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with keen attention to details.
- Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of banking processes especially the core-banking systems and database management querying skills will be added advantage.
- Previous experience having supported and administered digital-banking platforms.
- A good team player with ability to share knowledge.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should address their applications to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, a CV with at least three reference contacts, including the most recent employer, and telephone number.
Deadline: 15th April 2019
NB: Please note that in line with the Bank procedures, no job offers are made online.