Several Senior Field Intelligence Officer Job Opportunities – Tugende
Duty Station: Different Tugende areas of Operations in Uganda, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Human Resources and Administration
Application Opening: 23/03/2021
About US: Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to newcustomers, and consumer finance to qualified existing customers. It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and is a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. Tugende empowers customers unable to access formal credit and has financed over 40,000 customers.
Job Summary: This position will play an integral role in the operations of Tugende. The Senior Field Intelligence Officer will serve as the main point of contact between Tugende and clients who have any motorcycle security issues. The goal is to help Tugende in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our assets and our customers safe and problem-free. The position involves creating a secure work environment for our staff and customers. As a Senior Field Intelligence Officer, you will be responsible for minimizing theft, vandalism, and any other suspicious or criminal behavior, working closely with relevant law enforcement authorities. You will also be a key point of contact for customers who have security challenges. , Respect, customer dignity, and professionalism are key attributes for this job. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all client security issues are dealt with integrity and in a timely manner.
- Support the field team in coordinating Collection and Recovery operations.
- Ensure all field operations conducted by the Field Officers are managed effectively, with safety & care.
- Coordinate all security-related measures for Tugende, including making reports and follow-ups with police and other relevant authorities.
- Maintain proper record keeping and timely reporting on any security and safety threats to the company.
- Ensure safe custody of all company property/assets at all times.
- Advise the company on all security-related matters both internally and externally as well as participate in taking corrective/preventive actions on such matters.
- Supervise the day and nighttime security guards.
Note: This job description gives a general guideline, and therefore does not include an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qualification, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience;
- The ideal candidate for the Tugende job must hold a diploma preferably in any business-related field from a reputable institution of learning
- Relevant training in security from a recognized institution
- Good customer experience and ability to deal with difficult clients
- Two years of work experience as a Security Officer in a reputable organization.
- Hold values similar to our own: Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions Oriented and Always growing.
- Confidentiality:Able to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially
- Positive Attitude:maintain a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times
- Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback, and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
Personal attributes and abilities
- Innovation:develops new, better, or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions, or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of the departmental output and Tugende as a company.
- Accountability:Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions, follows through on commitments, and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for the departmental success.
- Service excellence:knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external customers’ needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Planning and organizing:develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal relationships:knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across departments/units in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques, ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience, and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Professionalism and maintaining the Tugende Employer Brand: maintains professionalism in all correspondence and being empathetic and personable
- Positive attitude:maintains a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times.
- Flexible and resilient:willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seeks direct feedback, and sees every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
Benefits What will you gain?
- Career Trajectory:This is a role with significant leadership potential to grow as the company operations grow. Someone who does this job can be promoted to; Field Intelligence Team Leader, Field Intelligence Coordinator, Deputy Branch Leader, Junior Branch Leader, Branch Leader, Senior Branch Leader, with a possibility of crossing to other operations and other departments’ functions.
- Meaningful Work:Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to earn a better living for themselves and their families. We are changing East Africa’s asset-finance industry by building a sustainable business that ignites financial development. Join this movement!
- Great Team:Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of ~520 employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our customers. Our headquarters are in Kampala, Uganda and we are rapidly expanding in East Africa.
- Hours and compensation:This position is for an ambitious, full-time employee who will take on additional responsibilities and projects as they arise. Tugende offers competitive salaries and benefits that reflect a person’s contributions to the company’s mission and growth.
More About Tugende: Tugende means “let’s go” in Luganda and signifies the company’s mission and what you say on the back of a motorcycle taxi. Tugende has been recognized as a 2012 Unreasonable Fellow, 2014 Echoing Green Global Fellow, 2016 GSBI Fellow, and received the MIT Zambezi prize in 2015 as one of the top 3 financial inclusion start-ups in Africa. We have appeared in The Guardian, BBC, Economist, and elsewhere. Tugende plans to expand to at least 20 locations in Uganda over the next two years as well as to expand regionally to countries such as Rwanda, Kenya, and Tanzania. Beyond geographic growth, Tugende’s future will include multiple asset finance products, value-added services like insurance, and cutting-edge technology implementation for credit scoring and tools to help Tugende to reach millions of customers without losing high-touch personal support. How to Apply: All candidates who wish to join Tugende should apply online at the link below. Click Here Deadline: Open (Interviews be done on a rolling basis)
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda