Several Stock Controller Job Opportunities – Kyagalanyi Coffee Limited
Organization: Kyagalanyi Coffee Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports To: Production Manager
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. [KCL] is a member of the Volcafe group, the coffee division of ED&F Man. It is the oldest and largest coffee exporter in Uganda and the first to become ISO 9001:2008 certified. We buy Arabica and Robusta in all coffee producing regions and export about 15% of Uganda’s coffee production to over 30 consuming countries around the world.
The company heavily invests in Uganda’s coffee infrastructure and people. Our quality oriented business strategy aims to lift up the entire coffee sector and improve the quality perception of Ugandan Arabica and Robusta around the globe.
Job Summary: The key role of a Stock Controller is to ensure that all coffee received is properly handled and safely stored (stacked). Stock Controllers are responsible for following the flow of coffee within the stores and mills ensuring that the weights, storage, stacking procedure and quantities are accurately recorded and managed and that all other required company processes and documents are managed in an accurate and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To control, make and keep accurate daily reports of the coffee stock in the stores assigned to you and submit to relevant offices on time as instructed by the Production Manager.
- To strictly monitor all coffee being received and leaving stores assigned to you. These transactions must be documented and stack tags must be used and updated.
- The Stock Controller will ensure proper tallying of all coffee movements for payments using the required documentation formats.
- To regularly inspect coffee stocks in case of damage, theft or other wise and ensure accurate daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- To report to Management immediately in case of any uncertain situation or problem.
- To correctly and safely keep equipment/tools issued in the course of work.
- To maintain a clean and orderly store at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must be educated to degree level and should also hold relevant qualifications and systems training associated with stores and stock management, as well as having had experience in warehouse management, in a sector in a similar role.
- The Stock Controller must have effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail.
- You should be able to use the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective leadership and people management skills and experience are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs with three referees to email@example.com
Please note that due to the high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected by local law. We also take reasonable steps to accommodate applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Solicitation of any kind will not be tolerated and will lead to a rejection of an application. There are no fees required to apply for any role at Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd.
Deadline: 6th April 2020