SI Officer US Non-profit Jobs – University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Program Director
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Job Summary: The SI Officer will be responsible for supporting DOD/DHAPP – Uganda in multi-level data collection, monitoring, analysis, and reporting. Coordinate and oversee program implementation processes to achieve project deliverables as well as support the design, implementation, and improvement of data systems. Support the Program Director in planning, management and tracking of program activities across various program focus areas within the UPDF districts, Ministry of Health, various technical working groups including assisting the project senior management team to effectively provide coordination and oversight of the program implementation process to ensure that project deliverables are achieved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
DoD- DHAPP Program Level Coordination
- Assist the project team and the Program director to develop and manage a calendar of the entire project monthly, quarterly and yearly program implementation activities
- Develop tools for tracking performance of the project across all its dimensions, and on a routine basis appraise the senior management team on what is on track, areas of focus and remedy to ensure that all results areas are given attention and inputs required.
- Work with the M &E team to ensure periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) review of key performance indicators for the different project focus areas, paying attention to DOD requirements at various points in time of the project implementation and life cycle
- Advise the Program Director and senior management team on trends for various performance indicators as well as schedules of project deliverables as per prescribed times
- Support development of work plans and project performance reports, including presentations onto various platforms.
- Assist the project team and the Program Director to develop and manage a calendar of the entire project; monthly, quarterly and yearly program implementation progress
- Reviewed letters, briefs and presentations on behalf of the Program Director before they are sent out by the Program assistant
- Closely work with various program teams to compile and format program work plans and reports for subsequent review by the Program Director
- Participate in and inform internal DoD-DHAP processes
- Meet data needs/requests as needed while collaborating with the SI collaborative and M&E agents
- Coordinate with the rest of project technical implementation team and management to ensure that the team is effectively supported to optimally function in implementing project activities
PEPFAR Level Coordination
- Participate in SI collaborative and interagency meetings and processes.
- Coordinate with SI collaborative in support to PEPFAR analytic needs
- Provide essential/required inputs of IM and DHAPP level basic and analytic datasets as required for PEPFAR aggregate data sets and analytics.
- Contribute to the work of PEPFAR technical area SI leads
- Ensure IP systems are supportive of approved national systems on behalf of DOD
- Support access to and use of national (e.g. DHIS2, OpenMRS) and PEPFAR/USG systems (e.g. DATIM/DATIM4U, HIBRID)
- Undertake site and system administration roles for PEPFAR systems on behalf of DOD (e.g. DATIM4U system administration)
Data Management Analysis:
DOD- DHAPP Program Level Data Management and Analysis
- Support DOD analytics to meet routine and special analytic needs, including datasets on key indicator trends
- Support DOD analysis to inform complete, timely high-quality reporting
PEPFAR Level Data Management and Analysis
- Support interagency analytics to meet routine and special analytic needs in collaboration with the interagency PEPFAR SI team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Epidemiology, or Public Health
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge/skill in the following areas is preferred:
- HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, treatment program design, implementation monitoring & evaluation
- OVC program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Data collection, management and reporting
- Design and or management of electronic data systems
- DHIS2 data management skills
- Management of electronic information/data systems
- Program data analysis and interpretation to inform health and development (including collaboration of multiple data sources)
- Knowledge/understanding of global and national health program indicators and indicator reporting systems
- Working with HIV and other health programs. Experience with PEPFAR or PEPFAR implementation projects is an added advantage.
- Health data management
- Project Management and reporting
- Data management including data verification, data quality assessments, and data quality improvement
- Use of national HMIS data collection and reporting tools
- DHIS 2 data collection and management, including implementation of national validation rules
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020