South-South Scholarships for Researchers.
South-South Scholarships for Researchers; The Latin American Council of Social Sciences (CLACSO), the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) and the International Development Economics Associates (IDEAs) announce the launch of the South-South Scholarships Award 2014 for research on the theme “Work and Welfare in the South” aimed at social scientists from Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa and Asia.
The goal of this awards is to encourage original research on the subject and to promote the final work through presentation at an international seminar.
About the offered scholarships
Nine (9) scholarships will be awarded in total, three (3) for each region. Each scholarship includes:
- A monetary award of USD 10,000 (ten thousand dollars);
- Air Ticket and accommodation to participate in an international seminar (date and venue will be decided in due course by the organizing institutions).
The scholarships will be paid in installments through bank transfers to the winners. The funds may be used without restriction for all activities related to research. It shall be the responsibility of the winners to obtain the necessary legal documentation to participate in the international seminar as well as personal health insurance and other requirements.
About the applicants’ profile
Applicants must be experienced researchers who have a master´s or doctoral degree. It is a required condition to reside in any country in Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa or Asia and to have the endorsement of CLASCO, CODESRIA or IDEAs, according to the region concerned.
Applicants must speak English so they can present the results of research in an international academic seminar.
About the characteristics and presentation of proposals
Each researcher may only participate with one proposal in this award. Finished or collective researches won´t be accepted.
Proposals should include:
- A project defining the research problem and methodology (including the sources analyzed and a small schedule), considering the state of the art and showing the relevance of research in relation to one or more established subject areas.
- An academic curriculum vitae with photo.
- A letter of endorsement signed by the highest authority of the institution or center that supports the presentation.
As the Collaborative Tri-continental Program involves the participation of scholars from Africa, Asia and Latin America, it has been decided that applicants who are residents of Africa should submit their applications to CODESRIA, applicants residing in Asia should submit their applications to IDEAs and those in Latin America to CLACSO.
Deadline: June 12th.
For full scholarship description, scholarship application contacts and other requirements: South-South Scholarships for Researchers
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE