SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship
ISID and the Swiss Society for Infectious Diseases (SSI) jointly sponsor the SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship Program.
The purpose of this Fellowship Program is to support infectious disease physicians and scientists from developing and middle income countries through multidisciplinary clinical and laboratory training at select biomedical institutions in Switzerland.
The objectives of the Fellowship Program are:
- To train promising young physicians and scientists from developing and middle income countries for clinical and research positions in infectious diseases,
- To foster partnerships between Fellows and infectious disease leaders in Switzerland, and
- To increase scientific research capacity in low income/high disease burden countries.Opportunities for training and research in a variety of areas ranging from basic studies of the mechanism of disease to studies in public health, epidemiology, diagnostics, therapeutics or vaccine development, are available through this program.
The term of the Fellowship is for one year.
The start date of the will be determined by arrangement between the host institution and the Fellow.
A financial stipend of up to 36,000 SF per year (approximately $21,000 USD) will be given to Fellows to cover travel costs and living expenses.
The program intends to award two fellowships every year.
Language skills of French or German are necessary according to the institution chosen (German for Basel, Bern, Zurich and St. Gallen; French for Geneva and Lausa znne).
Please indicate in your application your speaking and writing proficiency of these languages and of English.
SSI/ISID Fellows will be placed at one of six collaborating research centers in Switzerland according to technical interests and skills.
All infectious diseases programs at each institution offer experience in clinical infectious diseases, including HIV, and microbiology.
- The program is open to applicants who are citizens or permanent residents of developing countries or Eastern Europe.
- Applicants should have a M.D. or a Ph.D in a relevant field and should hold a position at a medical, research, or public health institution.
- An endorsement by the home institution is required for participation in the program.
Deadline: 1 April each year.
For more information and application, visit: SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship Website
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE