Study Coordinator Non-profit Careers – Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
Job Summary: The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of STUDY COORDINATOR for a new project called Strengthening the Blood Pressure Care and Treatment cascade for Ugandans living with HIV-Implementation Strategies to Save lives (PULESA). This is a Kampala based position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The study coordinator will be responsible for oversight/project management in the field and serve as a liaison between the sites and the Investigator team
- Work with a team of Ugandan as well as international Project Collaborators to give administrative and scientific oversight of the PULESA Trial activities.
- Developing and maintaining study protocols, preparation of questionnaires/data collection forms, informed consent documents, institutional review board (IRB) approvals;
- Overseeing implementation of the study activities including screening and enrolment of participants;
- Generating and sharing weekly reports and updating Team members and collaborators on study progress;
- Monitor and document suspected adverse events, protocol violation reports and data queries as laid out in the study protocol and SOPs;
- Schedule and coordinate study related conference calls with Investigators;
- Coordinating data collection and cleaning;
- Review requisitions for supplies, services and funds to run the PULESA Trial and ensure
- Develop and track the study budget, payments, and accountabilities;
- Supervise, appraise and monitor staff performance and output on the PULESA Trial;
- Arrange for, coordinate and facilitate structured continuous protocol trainings of the study staff;
- Develop periodic works plans for the study;
- Participate in preparing data for presentation/publication
- Ensure that the organization’s property under his/her care are appropriately utilized and well maintained.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and a Master’s Degree in Public Health or a related field with a valid annual practicing license
- Prior experience working as a Study Coordinator on trials and/or longitudinal studies for a minimum of two years
- Good working knowledge of HIV and Hypertension care and treatment
- Possess a GCP and HSP certificate
- Fluency in Luganda.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrate experience with management of data especially with quantitative data management packages (e.g., STATA).
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under stringent deadlines and to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email their applications to: HR@idrc-uganda.org addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager, Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
- All applications must be accompanied by the following at the time of submission:
- Current CV with contact details of three work related referees not relatives
- Typed application letter,
- Copies of academic transcripts (O’ and A’ level, Bachelors’ and Masters’ Degree certificates ONLY)
- GCP and HSP certificates.
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only shortlisted candidates will contacted
- IDRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process neither does it use the services of any recruitment agencies.
Deadline: 18th September 2020