Study Liaison Officer Non-profit Job Opportunities – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Job Title: Study Liaison Officer
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Local Principal Investigator
Vacancy Code: SLOX01
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an international non-profit organization which is a partnership of infectious diseases and public health specialists. The overall objective of the IDI is to strengthen health systems with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases, through Research and Capacity Development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University – John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Summary: The Study Liaison Officer will liaise with regulatory bodies and seek approvals/ reports and co-ordination with IDI research office. They will be required to provide project management team with timely feedback on field activities. She or he will also be required to conduct interviews.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with stakeholders, Academy staff and community to ensure that the project activities are conducted as scheduled.
- Develop and design data collection tools for qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Analyse qualitative data (e.g. observations, in-depth/key informant interviews; FGDs and field notes.
- Assist with regulatory approvals/ reports and co-ordination with IDI research office
- Provide project management team with regular feedback on field activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Study Liaison Officer job placement must hold a diploma or Degree in either health, sciences or statistics.
- Experience working in field research work especially among the elderly/ageing people.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Past experience in electronic data collection
- Excellent organisational skills
- Willing to learn interview skills to obtain high-quality qualitative data.
- Additional training and experience in conducting qualitative research.
- Able to speak, transcribe, and translate between Luganda and English.
- Able to operate a voice recorder upon training.
- Good interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should E-mail their updated CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the following address. Please make sure that your application letter, updated CV and certificates are attached as one document and indicate the Vacancy code as the subject for your email
The Senior Human Resource Manager,
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre,
Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University,
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th June 2018