Sub-base Supervisor NGO Careers – Handicap International
Organisation: Handicap International
Duty Station: Omugo Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Starting Salary: UGX 3,601,199 monthly gross
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Handicap International is outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Job Summary: The Omugo Sub Base Supervisor is overall responsible for the functioning and supervision of the daily operations of HI Uganda’s sub-base office and accomodation, including safety and security, Logistics, Human Resources, Financial Management and Representation of the site while maintaining HI standard and implementation of proper procedures in the location.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure effective safety and security of staff and of the premises at the Omugo Sub-base
- Actively contribute to the definition and/or update of security framework at Omugo/Imvepi field level;
- To oversee the implementation and respect of Humanity & Inclusion´s safety and security procedures;
- To ensure the overall health, safety and security of the Omugo-based staff
- To ensure that the HI premises including office and accommodation, as well as the fleet, is secured from various threats
- To regularly monitor the security situation of its area of intervention and report to the Field Coordinator in case of incidents;
- To train Omugo-based staff on the security rules and procedures;
- To participate in security meetings and reporting of relevant information to the appropriate persons.
Ensure efficient logistics support and management at Omugo level following HI logistics procedures
- Ensure implementation HI equipment and stock management procedure.
- Ensure HI equipment are monitored and properly used.
- Follow HI fleet of vehicles and monitor their use, including Imvepi movements
- Follow project activities to ensure they are following good logistics procedures, and are supported from logistics side
- Liaise and collaborate with HI logistics team in Arua to report on site activities and plan of purchases or any other issue that need to be held from Arua
- Supervise the work of contractors and suppliers in Omugo
Ensure proper implementation of HI HR policies and procedures at Omugo level
- Carry out the administrative follow-up of all staff in Omugo, compiling of individual files and ensuring that the files are securely kept.
- Liaise with the Admin Manager in Arua to ensure proper induction of staff in Omugo, and carrying out the administrative formalities related to the incoming and outgoing staff
- Monitor and follow up the induction process of newly recruited staff
- Ensure proper HR Management of Community-based Volunteers
- Support the Field coordinator in dealing with HR issues.
Ensuring proper management of financial resources and accountancy
- Manage safes and strong boxes (available amount, balance checks, security instructions: protection of the premises, “security envelopes”…)
- Evaluate the site’s cash-flow requirements with the FC. Draw up monthly forecast to send to Arua optimise cash-flow (monitoring of inputs and outputs, negotiating payment terms) to limit the financial risk.
Manage the Omugo-based team
- To contribute to the implementation and understanding of Humanity & Inclusion´s Uganda Internal Staff Regulations;
- To ensure understanding and alignment to HI’s Code of Conduct
- To define and follow up, with each member of the supervised staff, of his/her individual action plan (IAP);
- To provide support and advise the team within the implementation of their IAP;
- To ensure good communication, coordination and information sharing with each member of the base team through regular coordination meetings (or other if needed);
- To ensure regular feedback to FC on the staff welfare and well-being in Omugo
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for Handicap International Sub base Supervisor job must hold a Degree in Business Administration/ Management or similar field
- Relevant trainings in Human Resource Management and/or Logistics an added advantage
- Five years of hands-on experience in Finance, Logistics, HR and Administrative management and Security Management
- Five years of experience in NGO environment
- Cross cutting skills
- Good communication Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join Handicap International are encouraged to send their updated CVs (3 pages max, including three professional references) with cover letters to HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Application for Sub base Supervisor.
NB: Applicants from West Nile region are strongly encouraged to apply. Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 28th March 2019 by 5:00pm
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020