Subcontract and Finance Officer USAID Grant Jobs – Abt Associates
Organization: Abt Associates
Project Name: USAID’s Integrated Community Agriculture and Nutrition Activity (ICAN)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Divisional Sales Manager
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
About USAID ICAN Project:
USAID’s Integrated Community Agriculture and Nutrition Activity (ICAN) is USAID/Uganda’s flagship resilience project, awarded in July 2018. The Activity goal is to enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in the eight districts of Kanungu, Kisoro, Rukungiri (Kigezi sub-region); Gulu, Lamwo, Nwoya (Acholi sub-region); Kaabong and Kotido (Karamoja sub-region) in Karamoja region.The overall objective of the project is to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in its area of operation by maximizing economic opportunities for vulnerable households, stabilizing their access to and consumption of diverse and nutritious diets and increase social capital by reinforcing relationships among formal governance systems and communities.
Job Summary: The Subcontracts and Finance Officer will support ICAN local subcontractors. She/he will look at various aspects related to subcontracts, such as reviewing subcontractors’ reports, deliverables, modification requests, reporting deadlines, and closeouts activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and assessing submitted subcontracts technical and financial reports and invoices to ensure compliance; and compiling monthly reports detailing performance.
- Working with the programs team, ensuring that local subcontractors develop timely and accurate budgets well aligned to their technical scope of work.
- Providing capacity-building assistance to regional Finance/Grants officers and subcontractor staff and help them implement capacity-building plans.
- Conducting periodic checks of subcontract activities as part of ongoing process to ensure funds are utilized as per subcontract agreement.
- Coordinating day-to-day subcontract management process from solicitation to contracting. Participate in the analysis and evaluation of subcontracts applications
- Maintaining robust subcontracts tracking tool to ensure payment requests for subcontracts deliverables are accurate and timely. Prepare periodic financial reports on subcontracts performance and disbursement status.
- Reviewing and ensuring that local subcontractors comply with supporting documents as per USAID rules and regulations before submission.
- In coordination with Systems Strengthening Consultant, working with the IPs to strengthen institutional capacity in finance and operations systems, compliance, and/or partnerships management.
- Other duties as assigned by Abt Associates Inc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in Finance/Administration or equivalent, 2-4 years of experience in project finance, subcontracts and grants management support.
- At least three years of experience managing subcontracts.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Excel, Word.
- Ability to communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with partners/suppliers/visitors and staff, and interpret/respond clearly and effectively to verbal or written instructions
- Results-oriented, team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma + Six years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree + Four years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th May 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE