Subgrants Officer NGO Jobs – Baylor-Uganda
Organisation: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The Subgrants Officer will review and monitor the implementation of sub-grants and provide guidelines and capacity building to the district and HF staff. They will implement the grants management system within the grant policy framework; participate in district and grant based planning and budgeting, and will review all grant request documents from recipients. They will offer technical support in the management of the grant and ensure compliance to the grant conditions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, submit Cluster sub grant management periodic plans & budgets to the Sub Grants Manager for approval and monitor their implementation as well as the integration of the related activities in district & health facility plans & budgets in accordance with Baylor-Uganda Sub grants guidelines
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures and guidelines then disseminate them to the sub grantees and monitor the sub grantees’ compliance to the Sub grants Policy Manual in line with sub grants procedures.
- Conduct a periodic needs analysis, prepare/update a related risk profile then build the capacity of all sub grantees and others involved in the implementation of the project in grants /Financial management in accordance with the sub grants guidelines and agreements.
- Conduct an assessment of the financial capacities of potential grantees to establish their capability to manage the grants and provide technical assistance to the grantees as may be required in accordance with the grants guidelines and agreements.
- Monitor the preparation of timely and accurate Cluster quarterly and annual /Quarterly budgets forecasts and the disbursement of funds to grantees as per the approved budgets by in line with the sub grants guidelines and agreements.
- Monitor the preparation and submission of accurate and timely financial reports by sub grantees and review accountability support documents and certify their correctness, give feedback to grantees, frag any issues to Sub Grants Manager and submit to Finance Department for review and liquidation in accordance with the sub grants policy.
- Develop and maintain records management system for each grantee including but not limited to financial agreement, work plans, approved budgets, disbursements, quarterly financial and programme reports, communications etc.
- Review partner payment requests and the supporting documents in accordance with the Sub grants Policy Manual and submit the request to Sub Grants Manager for approval.
- Make regular field monitoring visits to grantees to establish the progress level of sub grants programs and sub grantee budget utilization and conduct lessons learnt meetings in accordance with the sub grants guidelines and agreements.
- Prepare Monthly/quarterly cluster actual expenditure Vs budgeted expenditure reports on grants performance and submit to the Sub Grants Manager in accordance with the grants guidelines and agreements.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders and advocate for a coordinated and harmonized interventions in Cluster in line with the various project objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Baylor-Uganda Subgrants Officer job should hold a degree in accounting or Business studies from a recognized university.
- Three years of related experience in management of sub grants with a national or international NGO, and direct experience with government and donor representatives
- Key personal competences in Team and communication skills, Must be dynamic, Persuasive & convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
- Solid working knowledge (practical skills) in the following areas: budgeting, work plan development, reviewing accountabilities, conducting due diligence etc.
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th March 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda