Team Leader – Shelter and Infrastructure Non-profit Jobs – Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Support Manager
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise members in team
- Deliver technical support and guidance to team
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities
- Provision of emergency shelter, emergency cash grants, rehabilitation of housing, provision of physical infrastructure like roads, bridges, community centres, irrigation systems or other community structures, facilitation and training of infrastructure management groups at community level, facilitation and funding of community development plans, initiatives for disaster risk reduction at community level.
- Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/support activities
- Ensure daily monitoring of area activities of NURI.
- Asses the daily quality
- Provide technical support and inputs.
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan of NURI
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
- Lead the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues( District local government authorities in the relevant district ,OPM, UNHCR ,CF etc
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors and implementing partners like DFAs in the district of operation.
- Develop project plans and budgets for funding
- Work with quality Assistant to develop projects tools
- Project implementation and reporting
- Monitor and evaluate projects
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
As Team Leader the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for people management of employees, usually working in the same area of work
- Accountable for ensuring that agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on time
- Initiating the hiring and firing of employees and conducting performance appraisals are permitted at this level, but are closely overseen by the Project Support Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Team Leader – Shelter and Infrastructure job placement must hold a Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Agriculture other relevant fields, A Master’s degree in political science, international development, economics will be an added advantage
- At least three years of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Three years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Field experience
- Languages: Fluency in Lugbara, Madi, Alur, Kakwa, Acholi and other Languages spoken in West Nile will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their online applications at the link below.
Deadline: 27th June 2019