Team Leader System Administrator Job Placement – Stanbic Bank
Job Title: Team Leader System Administrator
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Data Centre
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Team Leader System Administrator will be responsible for the implementation and planning of the highest level of performance in Data Center activities. Provision of high level of service, to the internal customers of the bank in liaison with the Data Center Operations Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily tasks carried out by systems administrators. These duties include, but are not limited to; intraday processing, start/end of day activities, month end activities, general housekeeping, system maintenance activities, backups, restores, report printing.
- Ensure 24/7 monitoring of the performance of all systems, networks and Data Centre environment. Manage escalation of failures promptly, ensuring optimum function of all systems and availability of systems as per SLA’s.
- Ensure Systems Administrators record all incidents on the incident management systems and escalate matters appropriately, get continuous feedback from support teams and provide appropriate input for Production and IT Manco meetings to ensure that all faults/incidents are correctly addressed.
- Carry out daily reviews of faults logged to ensure that all DPC related issues are addressed
- End to end management and implementation of change requests related to DPC or assign as necessary
- Plan and Coordinate weekly / Monthly / Quarterly schedules for carrying out system/process simulations and preventative maintenance
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of the Computer Centre and the systems/technology used.
- Ensure system and data backups are done by System Administrators in accordance with agreed cycles and ensure that all tapes/storage media are appropriately stored per Group guidelines and standards
- Ensure reports and statements and generated/printed/ archived and ensure timely distribution to branch network and other head office departments
- Ensure monitoring is in place and executed for all system, network, storage capacity and Data Centre environment and ensure these are within optimum performance
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly checklists are followed and completed for all routine process
- Verify system integrity by executing predefined system checks
- Manage routine systems clean ups and other database/file management activities to ensure optimum system performance
- Manage monitoring of ATMs, and network activity and organise for ATM custodians and Electronic Banking Support team to support resolution of any failures
- Collect, compile and analyse statistical information on system performance for informed decisions to be taken by at Management level
- Ensure all failures and resolution thereof are documented by System Administrators, completion of Incident Reports to Risk/Ops Risk and Service Management
- Ensure all activities carried out in the Data Processing Centre are documented with clear step by step procedure manuals and process maps
- Represent Data Processing unit in project committees and facilitate project activities relevant to DPC
- Facilitate implementation of changes onto Production, Contingency and Disaster Recovery systems when required from DPC
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Stanbic Bank Team Leader System Administrator job should hold a tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Should have sound knowledge and at least five years’ experience in the Data Processing environment
- Must be mature with strong problem solving skills
- Sound understanding of Unix, SQL, Networks and Microsoft products
- Technically competent with knowledge of systems management, development and implementation methods
- Knowledge of the Core systems used in the Bank
- Strong supervisory and problem solving skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.