Technician – Mechanical Job Vacancies – Makerere University, Kampala (MUK)
Organization: Makerere University, Kampala (MUK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Mechanical Engineer
Makerere University, Kampala is Uganda’s largest and oldest institution of higher learning, first established as a technical school in 1922. It became an independent national university in 1970. Today, Makerere University is composed of nine colleges and one school offering programmes for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintain Mechanical, Plumbing and Refrigeration Works and machinery;
- Collect data on all mechanical maintenance works needed in academic and administrative units, University staff houses and halls of residences;
- Repair and perform preventive maintenance as per established standards.
- Carryout faultfinding and surveillance of Mechanical/plumbing installations.
- Keep meticulous records of machine service history.
- Ensure high level technical support and leadership to lower level technicians.
- Ensure compliance with university safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure availability of tools and replacement parts are available in the stores.
- Prepare the water bills for all staff housing units and commercial units within the University.
- Verification of water bills for all University Installations.
- Any other official duty as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an advanced/ Higher Diploma in Water Engineering from a recognized Institution.
- At least three years of relevant working experience in a large organization
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Teamwork and output oriented
- Computer literate;
- Attention to detail.
- Age Limit: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications using this link, Click Here and upload their full details of your biodata, education, qualifications, work experience, and all the other required information, including your Curriculum Vitae, Certificates, Transcripts, and at least three reference letters addressed to;
P.O. Box 7062 Kampala.
Deadline: 8th June 2020 by 17.00 Hours EAT.