Trade Finance Officer Job Careers – Finance Trust Bank
Organisation: Finance Trust Bank
Duty Station: Kampala,Uganda
Reports to: Trade Finance Manager
Finance Trust Bank was licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank on 11th November, 2013, taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Today Finance Trust Bank is a fully fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 400,000 depositors and over 23,000 borrowers, through a network of 36 branches country wide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: Ensure that all fees on Advances, Guarantees, Letters of Credit, and Documentary Collections are collected, with their proper accounting entries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure daily and weekly preparation of LC, and documentary collections (FIBC/FOBC) reports.
- Ensure that the monthly LC transaction volume report is prepared by the 5th of every month.
- Ensure 0% error rate in transaction processing of LCs and documentary collections.
- Ensure that the Documentary collections for Imports and exports are in order.
- Ensure proper handling of SWIFT remittances.
- Ensure timely monthly preparation of the guarantee report and letters.
- Ensure 2 business days TAT is achieved in response to requests for new LCs.
- Deepen Customer Service culture throughout the Department.
- Participate closely in the capacity Management programs within the Credit Function.
- Ensure safe custody of trade finance documents.
- Timely response to trade finance related queries
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University
- Post-graduate qualification in Business related Field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in Banking with a minimum of 1 year in core lending functions.
- Analytical and Investigation Skills
- Accounting Skills
- Understanding Risk Management and Internal Control
- Sound understanding of banking industry
- Knowledge and understanding of FIA Act requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Computer skills
- High integrity
How to Apply:
All Suitably qualified candidates should address their application as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to email@example.com. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY. Please note: As per Bank procedures, No job offers are made online.
Deadline: 6th December, 2019