Transport and Logistics Assistant Job Careers – Makerere University, Kampala (MUK)
Organization: Makerere University, Kampala (MUK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Transport & Logistics Officer
Makerere University, Kampala is Uganda’s largest and oldest institution of higher learning, first established as a technical school in 1922. It became an independent national university in 1970. Today, Makerere University is composed of nine colleges and one school offering programmes for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining electronic databases of purchase, registration, inspections and maintenance of fleet management.
- Assist in ensuring fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling and forecasting and surveying current user trends in all units.
- Assist in maintaining knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user surveys to forecast new requirements as well as disposal of obsolete vehicles
- Assist in arranging fleets and fleet operational staff to provide support and schedule Special Event Planning.
- Assist in performing vehicle registration, insurance and documentation regarding induction of new vehicles in existing fleet.
- Assist in overseeing routine and ad hoc maintenance of the University fleet.
- Maintain proper records on vehicles servicing and repairs as well as the garages carrying out the service and/or repairs.
- Assist in monitoring and ensure fleet operation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Any other official duty as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Fleet Management field from a recognized Institution.
- At least three years of relevant fleet management working experience in a reputable organization
- Communication, leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Computer literate;
- Proven ability to meet timelines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail;
- Age Limit: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications using this link, Click Here and upload their full details of your biodata, education, qualifications, work experience, and all the other required information, including your Curriculum Vitae, Certificates, Transcripts, and at least three reference letters addressed to;
P.O. Box 7062 Kampala.
Deadline: 18th May 2020 by 17.00 Hours EAT.