Transport Assistant USAID Project Jobs – John Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP)
Organization: John Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Sr. HR & Administration Manager
John Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) is a leader in strategic communication and research that facilitates access to information and the exchange of knowledge to improve health. CCP has more than 60 projects that employ staff in more than 40 countries around the world. CCP has unparalleled experience as a global Center for Social and Behavioral Change excellence. Through its projects, CCP harnesses the power of social and behavior change communication to encourage the adoption of healthy behaviors in the projects implemented worldwide.
The Social and Behavioral Change Activity (SBCA) is a five-year program implemented through a cooperative agreement between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID/Uganda) and CCP. The vision of USAID’s Social and Behavioral Change Activity is a Uganda where individuals and communities are not just healthy but also resilient, supported by strong, adaptable systems and institutions to lead productive lives.
The SBC Activity supports the Government of Uganda (GOU) and US government (USG) implementing partners to design and implement Social and Behavioral Change (SBC) communication initiatives that contribute toward a reduction in Maternal and Child mortality, Malaria prevalence, Total Fertility rate, New HIV infections, TB prevalence, and improved Nutrition outcomes, resilience and improved SBC systems and expertise.
Job Summary: The Transport Assistant will provide driving services for authorized passengers, courier materials, supplies and documents, and check the mechanical condition of the SBCA project vehicle regularly per SBCA and University policies.Additionally, during upcountry travel, the Transport Assistant will provide some clerical and logistical support to field activities and teams. He/she will directly report to the Sr. HR & Administration Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive SBCA vehicles for the purpose of transporting authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the Administrative Officer or other authorized staff person in line with SBCA vehicle usage policy.
- Keenly monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Deliver packages, goods, mail and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with SBCA vehicle policy.
- Keenly check the vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third-Party Insurance, brakes, tire pressure, etc. prior to every journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, etc. in line with SBCA vehicle policy.
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the Administration Officer and Sr. HR & Admin Manager in line with SBCA vehicle policy.
- Prepare and submit required vehicle reports in line with the SBCA Vehicle Policy.
- Support program officers to manage logistics during field trips. This includes making arrangements for stationery and any other support materials depending on the activity.
- Support program officers with clerical tasks that include registering participants during workshops.
- Support the SBCA team with retrieval of SBCC materials from stores and materials distribution when the need arises mainly from the head office.
- Follow appropriate protocol for reporting suspected internal controls violations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced Level Certificate of Education (A Level) with a credit in English at O level
- A minimum of five years’ experience in providing driving services with a USAID project
- Current drivers’ license and a clean driving history
- Certification or diploma in automobile mechanics is an added advantage.
- Certification in defensive driving from an established driving school/firm is an added advantage
- Possession of a permit class B driver’s license is required. Additional classes are an added advantage e.g. A, DL, CM and CH classes.
- Ugandan national
- Integrity in action and practice are essential for this position.
- Fluency in English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel within Uganda as required.
- Use of standard office equipment like a desktop/laptop, scanner, photocopier, are required.
- A beginner skill level using Microsoft Excel and Word and G-mail.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Data entry skills are an added advantage.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a high profile, fast-paced, and multi-tasked environment
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to submit e-mail applications to email@example.com with copies of current CV, cover letter and three professional referees. Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 5th August 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE