Tutor- Motor Vehicle Mechanics NGO Jobs – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Job Title: Tutor- Motor Vehicle Mechanics
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: VTC Principal
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Tutor- Motor Vehicle Mechanics will support the provision of Vocational Training to the People of Concern in the designated location in the particular field of Motor Vehicle Mechanics. The Tutor for Motor Vehicle Mechanics will conduct daily trainings and classes in the Motor Vehicle Mechanics Course for the Vocational Students. The Tutor will also support the daily running of the M.V Mechanics Department and workshop under the direct supervision of the Principal.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intuitively prepares the schemes of work and lesson plans in line with approved curriculum.
- Contribute significantly and regularly to the teaching programmes of the department and the entire VTC.
- Prepare and deliver suitable, quality course material for students, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Regularly set and mark both theory and practical assessments, in accordance with the existing vocational and Ministry of Education standards; also responsible for administering external national examinations/assessments from DIT/UBTEB.
- Prepare departmental reports, records of work, and submit the same for inspection by the Head of department and/or the Principal.
- Undertake the recording of student attendances, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exercise care in the use of equipment, and reporting faults to the appropriate authority.
- Recommend the purchase of appropriate books, audio-visual materials, software, equipment, training materials and other materials relevant to the department.
- Keep and maintain departmental records / inventory (Registers, records of work, progress reports, financial records and equipment.)
- Guides and counsels students.
- Performs any other duty assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda (WIU) Tutor- Motor Vehicle Mechanics job must hold a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Motor vehicle Mechanics) OR Diploma in Automobile Engineering OR Advanced Certificate in MV Mechanics.
- CTTE (Certificate in Technical Teacher Education) preferred.
- Three to five years of experience as a Tutor/Instructor in a Technical Institution preferred.
- Knowledge or prior exposure to humanitarian operations a plus.
- Strong entrepreneurship skills.
- Leadership skills, displaying courage and conviction.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Academic ability as well as an ability to understand and communicate with those who struggle in education.
- A desire to work with young adults especially those affected by conflict.
- Prioritisation, planning and organising skills.
- Being able to work as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to the deadlines.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to devolve responsibilities, accomplish tasks and monitor practices to see that they are being carried out.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.