TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training
TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training:
TWAS offers fellowships to young scientists in developing countries to enable them to spend between three and twelve months at a research institution in a developing country other than their own.
The purpose of these fellowships is to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career, helping them to foster linkages for further collaboration.
Scholarship Application Eligibility:
- The fellowships are for research and advanced training. They are offered to young scientists holding at least an MSc or equivalent degree.
- Eligible applicants for the fellowships are young scientists working in any area of natural sciences who are citizens of a developing country and are employed by a research institution in a developing country.
- There is no age limit.
- However, preference is given to young scientists at the beginning of their research career and those working in Least Developed Countries.
- Institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China, are not eligible host institutions under this programme.
- Applicants interested in conducting a fellowships in China are required to check whether their chosen host is a CAS institute.
- Applicants wishing to attend a CAS institute should apply to either the TWAS-CAS Postgraduate or the TWAS-CAS Postdoctoral Fellowship programmes.The fellowships are offered for a minimum of three months and a maximum of twelve months.
TWAS covers international low-cost airfare plus a contribution towards subsistence amounting to a maximum of US$ 300 per month. No other costs will be provided by TWAS.
The host institution is expected to provide accommodation and food as well as research facilities.
Deadline: 1st October each year.
For more information and application, visit: TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training Website
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE