UK NGO Jobs – Impact Assessment Field Assistant – Teach A Man To Fish
Organisation: Teach A Man To Fish
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: MEAL Manager
Package: UGX 53,250 per completed school visit*
Duration: 2 months
Teach A Man To Fish is guided by a simple, all-encompassing mission: to empower young people with the skills they need to succeed, in school, work, and life. We focus on developing and emerging countries. This is done through supporting schools to set up educational and profitable school businesses that provide real-life hands-on training and experience for students. This empowers student entrepreneurs with critical workplace, entrepreneurship and life skills and mindsets so that they can leave school with the competencies to get a good job or run their own successful business. We are a small organization with big reach – Since 2006, we’ve created over 300,000 student entrepreneurs and 18,000 enterprising teachers through our global programmes.
About ECW Project:
In 2020, Teach A Man To Fish is working as part of the Education Cannot Wait (ECW) Consortium to implement School Enterprise Challenge for ECW schools. This project will introduce Teach A Man To Fish’s proven educational school-business program into 60 primary schools in four settlements (Palabek, Bidi Bidi, Kyangwali and Rhino) over the project enriching both teacher and learner skills- building. The program will further introduce a learner- centred approach for building children’s entrepreneurship and life skills in school where learners plan, set up and run a real school business.
Job Summary: The Project will aim to strengthen preparedness to transitional pathways in post-primary education opportunities through enhanced developmental assets. Teach a Man to Fish is therefore seeking experienced Impact Assessment Field Assistants to support the M&E department in carrying out baseline and summative surveys in the target number of schools running the School Enterprise Challenge program 2020. He/ She will follow up with schools and ensure timely collection of data, check for completeness and reliability of data before entry into the database, ensure timely data entry into the database, check for completeness of entered data against the physical data on forms/ tools before sharing with the MEAL department. He/she must be an analytical individual with capacity to deliver assessments in schools using the required tools and complete the data collected in the data collection sheet on time.
The Impact Assessment Field Assistant will take lead in the delivery of field Monitoring and Evaluation, baseline and summative surveys in line with set targets, timeline and budget. The incumbent will support the M&E department in inputting data collected and tabulation of results from assessments in order to assess the impact of the school business on the learners and teachers involved in the School Enterprise Challenge program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support M&E department with follow up communication to schools to schedule time and visit date for assessments.
- Lead on training teachers how to use the tools given in order to assess their learners using the tools given to them
- Support MEAL department to review, prepare and collect M&E data
- Support M&E Manager to review, prepare and conduct case study interviews
- Reporting weekly activities to the MEAL Manager
- Data entry using the designed database for all the activities implemented and submit to the M&E officer as per each completed school visit.
- Update the MEAL tracker with the activity completed, data of completion for accountability purposes to the M&E officer
- Work closely with the MEAL Manager to ensure that there are no data backlogs at all times and all data collected is systematically inputted with no room for error.
- Ensure that the data collected from the field meets all the qualities and specification of a quality data and support in the verification, coding before entries are made.
- Ensure all hard copy data collected is submitted to the Uganda MEAL department on time.
- Keep high level of confidentiality as the job holder will be entrusted with a lot of confidential information from the schools.
- Retrieve information for use when requested by the M&E officer or any other Teach A Man to Fish staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least two years’ experience in either an NGO, social enterprise or corporate setting, with significant of responsibility Monitoring and Evaluation or Research
- Proven track record of contributing to managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spread sheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Basic understanding of databases
- Experience of using monitoring tools and trackers to document and analyse communications
- Evidence of additional hands on training, coaching and mentorship in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Good working knowledge of major databases and analytical programs including MS access, MS excel, Google sheets, SPSS or STATA. At least have knowledge of 2 programs.
Skills and knowledge.
- Results-driven and able to meet ambitious targets
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking
- High level of attention to detail
- Understanding of the Ugandan education system, stakeholders and appropriate engagement strategies for the different levels
- Flexibility is highly needed.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, target setting, reporting and database management.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing data and data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience working with education or child protection programs in a humanitarian context.
- Fluency in local languages commonly used in target settlements like Kakwa,Aringa, Lugbara, Swahili, Luo or Runyakitara and MUST live in that specific district.
NB: Transport to and from selected schools shall be covered by the Teach A Man To Fish
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit a maximum of 4 paged CV and one-page cover letter (combined into a single PDF document). Please be sure to clearly show in your cover letter why you are interested in this job and what makes you the most suitable candidate. Please also include your salary history. Applications should be sent to email@example.com CC firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: Impact Assessment Field Assistant in name region of interest” in the title of the email.
NB: Do not attach academic documents at this point. Qualified persons of concern are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 11th May 2020 by close of business
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE