UN Administrative Assistant (Conference Coordinator) Job Careers – United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: 19-Administration-RSCE-120875-F-Entebbe (M)
Reports to: Deputy Chief, RSCE
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
The Regional Service Centre, as approved by the Member States, is owned, managed and staffed by the regional missions it serves. This framework reinforces the existing missions’ chain of command structures and lines of authority in a manner that does not create an additional layer between Headquarters and the regional missions. It also ensures that staffing for RSC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Administrative Assistant (Conference Coordinator) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for all training, conference, workshop or other coordination services undertaken by the Regional Training and Conference Center (RTCC);
- Provide administrative and logistical support for training/conferences, seminars, requested by client missions and other entities to be held at the RTCC through the preparation and delivery phases, with course directors, training focal points, trainers and participants.
- Maintains and updates the training calendar as well as the courses and venues schedule, administer and update all training-related information;
- Orient trainers to the training facilities and resources and provides logistic support in the delivery of courses;
- Provide information and guidance to staff members regarding the program, coordinate students’ registration and accommodation, processing applications and preparing class lists;
- Monitor availability of course materials and supplies, coordinate with the other Entebbe Support Base (ESB) Entities ensuring the timely delivery of services and equipment in support of courses and conferences;
- Ascertain efficiency of computer equipment and installation of software/hardware; relay technical difficulties to the help desk and following up on problem solution;
- Compile reports on training programs, maintain training records, review and file and prepare reports on training evaluations;
- Assist in preparing needs analysis, participate in developing and organizing specific training programs to meet African Region Missions operational requirements;
- Assist in developing and delivering training modules and workshops for internal clients; assist also in selecting and developing teaching aids such as handbooks, tutorials and other training materials;
- Act as the RSCE training focal point and implement the RSCE staff development plan;
- Design specific training programmes to meet RSCE operational requirements, staff development needs and develop systems and methods for disseminating information to mission personnel on training and staff development activities;
- Assist in the development and tracking of career development programmes in liaison with the Department of Operations Support – Capacity Development Unit ( HRSD/OSO/DOS)
- Collect and maintain statistical data on training activities and respond to queries and request for information on training programmes;
- Prepare and monitor the budgetary allocations through regular reviews;
- Supervise and manage performance of staff under supervision
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Administrative Assistant (Conference Coordinator) job opportunity should hold a High school diploma or equivalent is required. Technical or vocational certificate in administrative services, finance, human resources or business administration is desirable.
- A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience in general administration, conference management or other related fields is required.
- Experience in organizing trainings, conferences and workshops is desirable.
- Previous experience in event booking and management is desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Knowledge of practices and processes in event booking and management.
- Ability to plan and coordinate training, conferences, seminars, workshops or other events.
- Ability to market and maximize the utilization of conference facilities.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Remains calm in stressful situations;
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning & Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- Uses time efficiently
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 3rd September 2019
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE