UN Administrative Assistant Job Opportunities – United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to United help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide support to ensure effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out financial transaction activities for the field office in accordance with the standards operation procedures.
- Participate in preparation and monitoring budgets and provision of accurate and complete financial reports relating to monthly expenditures
- Consolidate, timely collection of guest houses rent, ensure that common premises are well maintained and scheduling and participating in meetings, while adhering to applicable WFP guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensure all expenditures are within budgeted quarterly projections and any deviations are alerted and approved as may be required.
- Perform administrative roles of the field office related to management of the fleet, assets and drivers as well and as human resources function for the field office
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Administrative Assistant job vacancy must hold a university degree in any of the following areas: Accounting, finance, Agriculture, food science, social sciences
- A postgraduate certificate in Accounting packages (CFA/ACCA) would be an added advantage.
- Training in Management, Real estate management
- At least four years of experience in managing administrative and financial resources and preparation of accountabilities for UN organisation
- Managing real estate or common premises
- Experience in financial management
- Report writing skills
- Business Support Services & Reporting: Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.
- Internal Controls & Risk Management: Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.
- Resource Management: Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
- Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services: Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.
- Customer Focus: Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) are encouraged to apply online at the link below
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE