UN Business Support Assistant (IT Operations Assistant) Jobs – United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Policy Officer/Programme Associate
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Business Support Assistant (IT Operations Assistant) will be responsible to deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services. The jobholder will deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry-out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as back-up system data and system protection, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Undertake basic, monitoring and troubleshooting of server systems to ensure a consistent delivery of IT services to staff.
- Respond to basic queries about technology and systems to support the correct application of technology
- Receive and inspect all incoming assets and report discrepancies in IT materials inventory to senior colleagues to ensure materials are effectively tracked.
- Perform basic beta testing and support the roll out of new versions of centrally supported software to ensure software is operational for WFP staff.
- Ensure information is up to date and accurate within inventories, databases, websites, and archives to support senior officers in managing these systems.
- With direction from senior colleagues, collect information to be included in standard materials such as training documentation and web content to contribute to the availability of information about services and products.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Identify any issues in the programme and report them to the relevant senior staff at the field level.
- Any further duties as assigned by the field office leadership.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant (IT Operations Assistant) job placement should hold a University degree in IT related discipline
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in IT from a reputable organization;
- Language: Fluency in English. Fluency in Swahili is an added advantage. Working Knowledge in one of the local languages spoken in South West Uganda
- Academic or professional experience in computer science.
- Previous experience resolving level 1 IT issues is desired
- Governance, Strategy and Architecture: Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems
- Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization: Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
- Technical Expertise: Understands technical aspects of own job and applies them in a thorough and systematic manner to analyze customer’s technical issues and offer value adding advice and/or solutions.
- Service Management: Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Client Management: Demonstrates working understanding of existing hardware, software, servers and network management to resolve users’ routine problems using WFP’s established processes and tools.
- Procurement and Contract Management: Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 21st July 2019
Latest Ugandan Jobs and Vacancies