UN Career Jobs – Programme Analyst, RH/MH/RHCS – United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Delivery and Coordination Specialist
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives. Since UNFPA started working in 1969, the number – and rate – of women dying from complications of pregnancy or childbirth has been halved. Families are smaller and healthier. Young people are more connected and empowered than ever before.
Job Summary: The Programme Analyst, RH/MH/RHCS analyzes and assesses relevant political, social and economic trends and provides substantive inputs to project formulation, implementation and evaluation. The programme officer guides and facilitates the delivery of UNFPA programmes by coordinating activities, supporting UNFPA field based staff and monitoring of results achieved in the implementation. S(he) ensures and guides the appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks and the humanitarian situation in Uganda.
- Promotes translation of national RH policy into action/implementation at district level including for humanitarian districts by providing regular updates to UNFPA field based staff on maternal health, reproductive health and HIV and analysing basic factors affecting the achievement of RH results, recommends corrective actions and follows up on recommendations.
- Supports UNFPA field based staff and effectiveness of UNFPA programme implementation.
- Brings forward relevant issues and recommendations from implementation level/district level to national and policy level and follows through with action as required
- Evaluates maternal health, sexual reproductive health/HIV integration programme activities by conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing inputs to donor reports and other reporting requirements.
- Engages in humanitarian and development coordination structures. Ensures synergies with existing programmes and linkages with partner programmes and interventions.
- Identifies opportunities for UNFPA assistance and interventions and contributes to resource mobilization, including for humanitarian and development programmes
- Prepares and monitors budgets and expenditures through the UNFPA global financial and programme software (Atlas); and reviews funding authorization and certificates of expenditure reports.
- Monitors UNFPA’s programme activities by keeping close record of activities being implemented on ground, funds being expended at the project level and agreements and work plans with implementing partners. Continuously guides implementing partners on UNFPA programming processes including RH technical support and adherence to correct, quality and timely reporting.
- Contributes to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the Country Office for increasing access to and utilization of RH services more so among vulnerable populations, including refugees and people with disabilities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Programme Analyst, RH/MH/RHCS job opportunity should hold an advanced university degree in medicine, public health, social science or other relevant field
- Professional experience preferably in programme/project management in the public or private sector.
- Excellent communication skills and experience with management of staff.
- Experience in Maternal Health and local government systems would be an added advantage
- Substantive work experience in the field of SRHR, GBV and/or Gender in humanitarian and post conflict recovery setting is preferred.
- Specialized knowledge and experience within Health Systems Strengthening and integrated SRHR/GBV/HIV approaches is desirable.
- A thorough understanding of the UN system in general, and especially UNFPA mandate, its policies and operations and current development topics and political issues in Uganda will be an added advantage.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Languages: Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Communicating for Impact
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy oriented agenda
- Results-based programme development and management
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/Building strategic alliances and partners
- Resource mobilization
N.B: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who wish to join the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 11th August 2020