UN Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Associate Job Vacancies – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Organisation: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: FAO Representative (FAOR)
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has a global mandate to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to global economic’ growth. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Job Summary: The CVA Programme Associate will support the planning, implementation and monitoring of cash transfers activities as part of the Desert Locust emergency response and support the integration CVA as suitable as part of FAO’s CASH+ to build resilience of agricultural households.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development SOPs for FAO Uganda CVA in emergency and development contexts with alignment to, both, the humanitarian principles of ‘Do No Harm’ and ‘Leave No One Behind’, and the UN Code of Ethics and Conduct; building from good practices from the sector; ensuring high operational standards and compliance with FAO corporate rules and procedures (including Manual Section 702 on Cash Transfers);
- Support the integration of cash transfer modalities in other ongoing activities;
- Collaborate with FAO seed experts to assess the capacity of sub-regional seed markets/commercial hubs in Uganda based on Seed Security Assessment results; to assess the technical and operational feasibility of Cash- and/or Voucher-based activities to support agricultural interventions; and to establish monitoring tools for potential CVA;
- Support, in coordination with the Procurement Unit and the CVA Consultant, the development of contractual arrangements with FAO’s implementing partners and service providers, including Financial Service Providers, where CVA will be used;
- Support stakeholder engagement processes on the roll-out of CVA in partnership with FAO service providers;
- Support the M&E Department to establish CVA-specific regular assessment (e.g. market, feasibility), monitoring, reporting and analysis tools, including Post-Distribution Monitoring, Dashboards and guidelines aligned to SMART indicators to assess performance and inform programmatic decisions;
- Provide technical assistance (as needed) to FAO implementing partners on the roll-out of CVA through routine monitoring of partner activities in the Desert Locust response under the pillars of surveillance and control and livelihoods protection and recovery;
- Represent FAO in the Cash Technical Working Group under the refugee response and other relevant forum and discussions to facilitate learning, information sharing, alignment to national standards and approaches.
- Undertake any other activities as requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Associate job must hold a Master’s degree in agriculture economics, business management, development studies, social sciences or related subject
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in CVA for food security and livelihoods in humanitarian responses, preferably with FAO.
- Coordination skills (communication) and ability to technically support on energy needs across different thematic areas.
- Experience working along the humanitarian-development nexus and in displacement settings.
- Fundraising experience is desirable.
- Relevant work experience for an international or multi-lateral organization and/or with government is an added advantage, preferably FAO.
- Working knowledge of English.
- National of Uganda.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandan nationals are encouraged to send their applications online at the link below.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. FAO does not charge applicants any fees at any stage in the recruitment process.
Deadline: 24th July 2020