UN Data Management Jobs – Registration Assistant – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Vacancy Notice: Internal/ External Vacancy notice UNOPS/006/2021
Position Number: UNOPS/006/2021
Position Grade: LICA-4
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Before the interview verify the identity of the case with bio-Registrator and BIMS through ;
- Conduct protection interview;
- Provide protection and litigation counselling to the refugees and asylum-seekers;
- Update the protection interview records to proGres database;
- Apply proGres events to support the referrals (using Partner Registration Events);
- Provide feedback to refugees and asylum seekers on their complaints received through FRRM;
- Support OPM to maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
- Perform any other tasks required by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Registration Assistant job placement should have completed a High school diploma or Bachelor or equivalent or higher Certificates and/or Licenses in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Information Management, Information Technology or related fields is required.
- Five years of relevant experience is required.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management is required.
- Working knowledge of English is required.
- Analytical thinking
- Technological awareness
- Planning, organizing and adaptation to work under pressure
- Negotiation and respect for cultural diversity
- Political awareness
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Training in basic principles of international protection and registration is desirable.
- Experience working with UNHCR proGres software is desirable.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language is desirable.
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 27th May 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE