UN High School Jobs – Information Systems Assistant – United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Reference: RSCE/GJO/RFTS/007/12-2019
Grade : GS-4
Reports to: Head of the Unit
About US :
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The overall purpose of the post is to assist in providing problem assessment, resolution and advice for a wide spectrum of IT issues. The incumbent will be responsible for providing the timely and efficient provision of IT support functions for the Centre
- Assists in providing support for computer information systems, specifically for the Regional Telephone Billing Unit, e-Billing applications support, implementation of databases and applications in assigned areas and troubleshooting for various applications
- Assists in providing timely and efficient e-Billing support to all mission components and sites,
- Receives and logs problem calls or service requests in the automated tracking system.
- Attempts to resolve problem calls or service requests on initial contact
- Diagnoses and resolves relatively simple hardware, software, or connectivity problems.
- Assists Network Unit to provide network connectivity in the mission area and all team sites
- Performs tasks related to scheduled service requests, including equipment replacement and transfer, equipment installation / uninstallation, software installation, LAN connection, returns to stock, etc.
- Escalates problems to the appropriate parties in accordance with established procedures
- Provide basic training to end-users on the use of standard systems.
- Supports the Help Desk management in the absence of supervisor
- Keeps abreast of developments in technology both in the UN and in the industry in general
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of information technology and applications, including computer system networks. Good technical skills, ability to conduct network maintenance, provide server services, user support, implement and maintain Business Continuity systems, and information systems security and control. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; Shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a High school diploma or recognized equivalent is required. A technical or vocational qualification in information and telecommunication systems is desirable.
- At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in information systems analysis, database installation and management, systems administration and maintenance, software applications, hardware installation, telephone billing and related work.
- Experience working within an international organization or non-governmental organization in a conflict or post-conflict setting is desirable.
- Experience in a shared service center is desirable
- Working experience in a multicultural and/or international work environment is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications with the following documents:
- The United Nations Personal History form (P-11), Download Here; This should be signed
- Proof of required academic certificates i.e. Academic Certificate(s) and/or High School/Secondary Diplomas
- Latest performance evaluation reports / appraisals
The applicants with the completed documents are strongly encouraged to apply via e-mail and must include the Vacancy Announcement Number (check beginning of this advert) and Job Title to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 8th January 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE