UN Jobs – Field Project Assistant – International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Organisation: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
CFA No.: CFA/UG/006/2021
Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Job Summary: Under direct supervision and guidance of the National Migration Health Promotion Coordinator (Health Promotion Unit) and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the Field Project Assistant will be responsible for providing field based program and administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the project and migration health promotion and Emergency health programs. The incumbent will be performing the duties below:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support to the Health Promotion Unit by:
- In coordination with the Health program coordinator, support the implementation of the day to day field related activities of the Emergency health projects and migration health promotion including COVID-19 related interventions.
- In coordination with the Migration health coordinator, support the implementation of the “Strengthening district capacity to rapidly detect, confirm and investigate all suspected cases of COVID-19 at Points of Entry and adjacent Communities” in close collaboration with the district and partners including UN agencies.
- Assist in verifying that the program work-plans and budgets are followed and set goals are met within the timeframe, in coordination with the Supervisor.
- Participate in coordination meetings on behalf of IOM at the district and national levels, in coordination with the Supervisor.
- Report regularly to the Migration Health Program Coordinator on any issues relating to the smooth implementation of the project. This includes drafting of program summaries and reports as may be required.
- Establish and maintain accurate and complete records of all programmatic reports, equipment and supplies received, stored and distributed to implementing partners and project sites.
- Liaise with colleagues, including the Public Information officer, Program support Unit and provide support to the promotion of IOM activities in Uganda, including press releases, reporting, website content, and any other related documentation.
- Undertake duty travels, as necessary.
- Perform any other duty within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned by the Supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Field Project Assistant job placement should have completed a University Degree in Public Health field from an accredited academic institution or similar areas with four years of relevant working experience.
- A minimum of four years of experience working with the district, public and civil society sectors (national, regional and international organizations) and familiar with the national and sub-national health care systems.
- Knowledge of migration health policies, strategies and experience in implementing emergency and disease outbreaks for humanitarian responses.
- Prior experience in project management, implementation and budget.
- Ability to engage national and district level partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Languages: Fluency in English and working knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
Values – The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Accountability- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delighted work.
- Communication – Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Teamwork – Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results – produces and delivers quality services in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge– Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com. Reference Number and Position Title (CFA/UG/006/2021 – Field Project Assistant Consultant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
NB: Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline: Friday, 21st May 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda