UN Jobs – Monitoring and Reporting Officer – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN)
Organization: The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Reporting Officer will provide substantive support to the planning, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and Knowledge Management functions of the UN Women Uganda Country Office while executing functions at the SDG Secretariat.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Secretariat in the implementation and monitoring of the SDG Roadmap, including organization of engagement activities including workshops and other events related to the Agenda 2030,
- Support collection of necessary information and data for reports required at different times,
- Support regular update on SDG progress, including outcomes of SDG committee meetings and Technical Working Groups to all Government and non-government entities,
- Participate in drafting, reviewing policy briefs, info-graphic presentations and other documents as required.
- Support in development of measurement systems at the SDG Secretariat that integrate UN Women M&E requirements including identifying data sources as they relate to SDG;
- Support establishment and coordination of effective mechanisms of SDGs technical working committees including development of evaluation processes, innovative approaches;
- Support the Monitoring & Evaluation Unit at UN Women with data management and identifying programmatic issues and prompt corrective actions to enhance result orientated programs;
- Identify and formulate lessons learned and document goods practices from evaluations and studies to be integrated into Programme reports;
- Contribute to regular technical capacity building of implementing partners and CO staff on RBM, M&E and other relevant topics.
- Perform other M&E duties including across CO programmes as may be required and assigned by the supervisor(s).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UN Women Monitoring and Reporting Officer career vacancy should hold an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, information management, economics, statistics, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area;
- A first-level university degree in combination with six additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Monitoring and evaluation is an additional advantage.
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years, of progressively responsible experience in providing strategic support to research and data analysis, knowledge management or project/programme management in the context of SDG or related area is required.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset; Knowledge of Uganda and the Great Lakes region is an asset
Core Values / Guiding Principles
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
- Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making
- Development/programming skills particularly those that are pertinent to UN Women strategic priorities on gender issues and women’s rights
- Ability to support formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects
- Knowledge and understanding of sustainable development theories, concepts and approaches.
- Ability to identify and develop sources for data collection. Ability to undertake research, analyze data, make recommendations and write draft reports on sustainable development issues.
- Knowledge of Results Based Management principles and approaches
- Ability to maintain networks and partnerships with UN agencies and other international partners to promote partnership and build alliances to advance organizational interests and competencies on sustainable development issues.
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
- Good knowledge of gender equality and SDGs
How to Apply:
If interested in joining the UN WOMEN in the aforementioned capacity, please click on link below to visit website and create profile or express interest if you already have a profile on the UN system
Deadline: 2nd June 2020