UN Jobs – National Coordination Mechanism on Migration (NCM) Officer – International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Organisation: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference No: CFA/UG/013/2020
Reports to: IOM Programme Coordinator
Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Job Summary: Under the BMM programme, IOM will work closely with OPM to continue supporting the NCM including technical support to the NCM to deliver on its annual work plan, support for the implementation of the Global compact for Migration (GCM) and the validation of the National Migration Policy.
The National Coordination Mechanism on Migration (NCM) Officer will work under the direct administrative supervision of the IOM Programme Coordinator with functional inputs from and programmatic coordination by the Office of the Prime Minister.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The NCM officer will:
- Coordinate NCM engagement and contributions on national migration governance and ensure proper representation of the NCM in inter-agency working groups, task teams and other processes related to migration management.
- Ensure appropriate collection, analysis and dissemination of information related to migration across to the NCM members and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide logistical support in organizing and coordinating workshops, meetings, and trainings in relation to the NCM activities.
- Conduct consultations with key Government and non-Government agencies and working groups to identify stakeholders’ needs on behalf of the NCM.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation and quality reporting.
- Elaborate NCM reports and meeting minutes to keep track of programme activities and ensure that all relevant documentation is produced and made available upon request.
- Support periodical meetings to discuss the progress and future line of action of the NCM.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Organization for Migration (IOM) National Coordination Mechanism on Migration (NCM) Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Business Administration, International Relations or other relevant field from an accredited academic institution.
- At least four years of relevant professional experience in the field of migration management.
- Strong understanding and experience implementing projects in the field of migration.
- Proficient in computer software: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Words, Excel and Internet Explorer).
- Language: Fluency in English both spoken and written is required.
Values – The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Accountability- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delighted work.
- Communication – Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Teamwork – Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results – produces and delivers quality services in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge– Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Number and Position Title (CFA/UG/013/2020 – National Coordination Mechanism on Migration (NCM) Officer)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
NB: Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline: 14th January 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda