UN Jobs – Reproductive Health Commodity Security (RHCS) Coordinator – United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives. Since UNFPA started working in 1969, the number – and rate – of women dying from complications of pregnancy or childbirth has been halved. Families are smaller and healthier. Young people are more connected and empowered than ever before.
Job Summary: The Reproductive Health Commodity Security Coordinator (RHCS Coordinator) will support strengthening of the existing systems and procedures for quantification, forecasting, procurement, storage, and distribution of RH commodities to the last mile in both development and humanitarian settings. The RHCS Coordinator will work with RH commodity stakeholders including: Pharmacy Department, Reproductive Health Division and AIDS Control Programme (ACP) at the Ministry of Health; National Drug Authority (NDA); National Medical Stores (NMS); Joint Medical Store (JMS); Uganda Family Planning Consortium (UFPC); RH Commodity Social Marketing Agencies; and District Health Teams (DHTs) to ensure RH commodity security in the Country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and functional support to the UNFPA Country Office, Ministry of Health, NDA, NMS, JMS, and other relevant RHCS partners to ensure sustainable supply of RH commodities and other related supplies.
- Participate in coordination of RH commodity assessment, quantification, forecasting, planning, procurement, storage, distribution and management at the central and district levels.
- Harmonize the Health Development Partners’ inputs and procurement modalities for RH commodities (including condoms).
- Participate in assessment and monitoring RH commodities – including condoms – supply pipeline up the last mile.
- Support NMS and JMS to ensure coordinated and effective storage and distribution of RH commodities, especially FP supplies.
- Liaise with the National Drug authority to ensure timely and effective regulation and importation issues of RH commodities.
- Support implementation of the Total Market Approach (TMA) to RH Commodity distribution and utilization, including support to expanded engagement with social marketing and private sector partners.
- Participate in National Commodity Security Technical Working Group (TWG) and the Planning, Procurement and Quantification unit (QPPU), and any other relevant fora, to ensure effective management of RH commodities.
- Participate in strengthening capacity for the supply chain management system at the central, district and facility levels.
- Provide technical support supervision to the districts and service delivery points on logistics management.
- Support in generation of national and district-specific RHCS strategic information for evidence-based advocacy and programming.
- Work with FP stakeholders, including the Uganda Family Planning Consortium (UFPC) in advocacy and programming for contraceptive commodity security.
- Perform as the liaison person with UNFPA Commodity Security Branch (CSB); Procurement Services Bureau (PSB), East and Central Africa Regional Office (ESARO) and other relevant UNFPA offices.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Reproductive Health Commodity Security (RHCS) Coordinator job opportunity should hold an advanced degree in pharmacy or other related field.
- Post-graduation qualifications in public health, logistics management or other related fields is desirable.
- At least five years of professional experience, preferably in logistics management and RHCS, in the public or private sector.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Languages: Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Communicating for Impact
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
N.B: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who wish to join the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 31st May 2020