UN Senior Supply Chain Associate Job Opportunities – United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Senior Supply Chain Associate supports the Area Office to make informed regarding supply chain operations including the monitoring and reporting on location of commodities, availability, and quality. The function is critical in planning arrival and dispatch of commodities while strengthening supply chain systems and capacity of teams. The incumbent will provide a range of specialised support functions and/or lead a team performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support field teams in supply Chain management processes including retail supply chain analysis and Market Competition Analysis;
- Support the AO and field teams to enhance operational efficiency through coherent work processes, integration and real-time visibility of stock levels and commodity movement;
- Manage the relationship with service providers and key internal stakeholders, to ensure services are provided on time and according to set quality standards;
- Coordinate the delivery of commodities in coordination with the pogrammes team ensuring that all required documentation is readily available at Field and Area Office level;
- Ensure continuous improvement in transparency/traceability across the supply chain ensuring food quality checks are properly carried out and documented in a timely manner;
- Support the engagement with partners and service providers;
- Ensure effective collaboration with the procurement teams at order and process levels;
- Support the Area Office in interpreting and applying compliance related to Third-Party Logistics providers as well as quality control supervisor to ensure the effective delivery of assistance in the region;
- Support the Supply Chain Monitoring in collaboration with the Programme team as well as the Resource Management Committee and recommending actions for maximizing use of resources and cash, for effective supply chain operations;
- Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, to deliver aligned and coherent end to end supply chain services and strengthen partnerships in supply chain;
- Build and maintain productive partnerships with supply chain counterparts amongst government and other national organizations, UN agencies, NGOs and private sector to share operational knowledge contributing to coordinated and cost-effective supply chain operations.
- Provide technical contribution to market analysis and supply chain network mapping to inform the selection of appropriate operation modalities and vendors’ portfolio to improve supply chain performance;
- Identify training needs and efficiently plan trainings including via provider and own UNWFP team members, to ensure that all staff have the required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities including in Logistics Execution Support System (LESS) or equivalent end-to-end food supply chain management system.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Senior Supply Chain Associate job placement should hold a degree in the related functions
- A minimum of five years of related work experience.
- Previous experience in maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts
- Experience in compiling contract documentation
- Experience in contract execution
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
- Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication In English. Working knowledge of Luo, Acholi, Lugbara, Madi, Kakwa, Aringa, Alur and Langi is an added advantage
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization: Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
- Planning, Project & Resource Management: Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
- Information Management & Reporting: Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution:Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management: Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination: Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 30th June 2019