UN Young Professionals Programme
UN Young Professionals Programme – Recruitment Examinations Now On!
The United Nations is looking for highly qualified candidates who are ready to launch a professional career as an international civil servant.
The young professionals programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative that brings new talent to the United Nations through an annual entrance examination.
For young, high-calibre professionals across the globe, the examination is a platform for launching a career at the United Nations.
UN Young Professionals Programme: Eligibility to Participate in the Young Professionals Programme Examination
- Do you hold at least a first-level university degree?
- Are you 32 or younger by the end of this year?
- Do you speak either English and/or French fluently?
- Are you a national of a participating country?
The examination is held worldwide and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise – the list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
This examination is also held for staff members of the United Nations Secretariat who work within the General Service and other related categories and aspire to a career within the Professional and higher categories.
The examination tests your substantive knowledge, analytical thinking, drafting abilities, as well as your awareness of international affairs.
Initially you will be appointed for two years and then be reviewed for a continuing appointment.
The Organization promotes mobility within and across duty stations and job families.
As a new recruit you are expected to work in at least two different functions and duty stations within your first five years of service. You will be offered orientation and mobility training as well as career support.
This will help you adapt and accelerate the learning period leading to productive work and job satisfaction as an international civil servant.
To apply for the examination you have to fill up a “job application” at the United Nations which is made up of a profile section (My Profile),
an application form, and a cover letter, all of which should be prepared online on this website (attached resumes are not accepted).
When you fill out any information online, you should make sure to click “Save”, especially before logging out.
Also be aware that your current session times out after 60 minutes of inactivity.
For more information and application materials, see; UN Young Professionals Programme
- ADB Internship Program
- Administration Internship
- Africa Action Internship Opportunities
- Afrika Kommt! Paid Internships & Young Professionals Opportunities in Germany
- Africa Program Internship Opportunities
- African Development Bank Internships
- African Development Bank Young Professionals Program
- African Union Internships
- AIC Kijabe Hospital Internships
- AIESEC International Internships
- Ashoka Internship Opportunities
- BBC Work Experience Attachments
- Computer Science & Computer Engineering Internships
- Concerned for Working Children Internships
- Coral Reef Conservation Project (CRCP) – Kenya Internships
- Doctors’ Internships
- Entry-Level Humanitarian Professional Programme
- e8 Internship Programme
- Femmes Africa Solidarité Internships
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Paid Internships for Students and Recent Graduates (US$700 Monthly)
- Frank Jennings Internships (Fully Paid Internships Abroad in Europe for International Students)
- Genesis Job & Internship Positions in South Africa
- GE Internships in Africa
- Google Internships
- Google Internship Opportunities
- Google Policy Fellowship
- Goldman Sachs Internships
- Grameen Foundation Fellowship Program
- Human Rights Watch Internships
- Humphrey Student Fellowships
- ICARDA Internship
- International Criminal Court Internships & Visiting Professionals Programme
- IDEP Internships
- IDRC Internship Award
- IFAD Internship Programme
- IHS Journalism Internship
- IHS Production Internships
- ILO Internships
- IMF Fund Internship Program
- Industrialisation Fund for Developing Countries Internship
- Industrial Training Programme & Attachments in Kenya – Davis & Shirtliff Ltd
- Internship at African Commission on Human and Peoples Rights
- Internships at Global Policy Forum in New York
- Internships at the IAEA
- Internships in Ghana
- Internships in Kenya
- Internships in Nigeria
- South-Africa Internships
- Internships in Uganda
- Internship Programs in Africa
- Internship for Human Rights Postgraduate Students
- International Law Institute Internships
- Internship Positions at the European Centre for Minority Issues – Flensburg, Germany
- International Criminal Court – Internships and Visiting Professionals Programme
- Kenya Human Rights Commission Internships
- Legal Advisor Intern, Egypt
- MBA Internship and Software Development Internship
- Medical Interns
- Medical Internship Africa
- Nation Media Group Student Internships – All Year Round
- OHCHR Internships
- Pharmacy Internships – South Africa
- Psychosocial Intern
- Red Cross Volunteers
- Research Internships Scheme KEMRI
- SAB Graduate Trainee Program
- Scripps Howard Semester in Washington Internship Program
- Shell Postgraduate Student Internships
- Summer Internship in Kenya for International students
- The Carter Center Graduate Assistant Program
- Transparency International Internship in Kenya
- TWN Africa Internship Program
- UNDP Internships
- UNDP Kenya Internship Programme
- UNDP Somalia Internship
- UNECE Internship Programme
- UNESCO Internship
- UNFCCC Internships
- UNFPA Internship Programme
- UNICEF Internships
- UNIFEM Internships
- UN-HABITAT Internships
- UN Internship Programme
- United Nations Internships
- United Nations Internship – Nairobi.
- United Nations Internship Programmes
- Volunteer, Internship and Study Abroad Programs in Cape Town, South Africa
- WCC Youth Internship Programme
- WFP Internships
- Work Experience Placements in UK
- World Bank Internships
- World Bank Internship Program
- World Health Organization Internships
- World Health Organization Internship Program
- World Youth Alliance Internships
- Worldwide Work Experience Placements
- WTO Internships
- WTO Internship Programme
- UNICEF Internship Programme
- United Nations Internship Programmes