UNEB PLE Results 2015 – 2016 | Uganda National Examinations Board
The 2015 Primary Leaving Examinations Results have been released. UNEB Chairperson, Prof Mary Aokol confirmed that this year’s results had been released ahead of schedule. The early release was attributed to the innovations in technology that have been embraced by UNEB. Here’s a quick summary about the 2015 PLE Results:
1. 77% of those who sat for PLE 2105 were from Universal Primary Education (UPE). Only 23% of the candidates were non UPE.
2. English and Social Studies were performed best this year followed by science and Mathematics in that order.
3. Girls performed better than boys in English while boys were better in Maths. However, from a general outlook, boys outperformed girls.
4. 517,895 candidates passed compared to 516,860 who sat in the previous year.
5. The examination was leakage free even though other forms of malpractice like external assistance and impersonation still exist. 909 pupils have had their results withheld due to suspected involvement in malpractice. 1344 were withheld in 2014.
6. A total of 620,825 candidates registered for PLE in 2015.
7. 9110 scouts were deployed in 2015. This implies a ratio of one scout for every 68 pupils.