UNEB UACE General Paper Past Papers Year 2017 Revise Now
Answer one question from this section
Answer should be between 500 and 800 words in length.
1. To what extent have economic factors contributed to the problem of brain drain in your country?
2. Explain the challenges faced by Uganda’s education system and suggest possible solutions to these
3. Assess the impact of decentralization on the development of Uganda.
4. ‘Human beings have been primarily responsible for the destruction of the natural environment in Uganda.’ Discuss.
Answer one question from this section.
5. Study the information provided in the table below and answer the questions that follows:
There are four families in the village of Zubanda: F1,F2, F3 and F4. Three of the families belong to different clans. F1 and F4 belong to the same clan. Each family has two children of about the same age group. The children’s orders of birth and sex classification are as follows:
|FAMILY||IDENTITY OF CHILD||ORDER OF BIRTH||SEX CLASSIFICATION|
In twenty years’ time the children have grown up and are about to get married. The cultural norms in Zubanda are such that:
- marriages among children from the same clan are not permitted
- marriage between children of the same family is a taboo
- polygamous marriages are not allowed
- no males/females from one family are allowed to marry from the same family.
- homosexuality is strictly forbidden.
On the wedding occasion organized for all the children of the families, two seater sofas were reserved for each family and the likely number of young married couples in that family. It is known that the first born of F1, both males of F3 and the male F4 are smokers.
- Determine the possible number of choices that can take place between the children of the four families.
- i) State the likely number of choices each child can make for a partner.
ii) Giving reasonsfor your answer, identify the children and families that have the:
number of choices of partners to make.
- Calculate the maximum number of seats that should be reserved for the four families and their likely number of couples.
- If the habit of smoking is considered such that no two smokers can get married, identify the children who will be:
iii) disadvantaged in choosing partners.
6. Read the passage below and answer the questions that follow.
a) Suggest an appropriate title for this passage.
b) Why does the author consider bees to be plainly subversive to trade union principles?
c) In not more than 100 words, describe the author’s views about the different types of bees.
d) Explain the meaning of the following words and phrases as used in the passage, using your own words wherever possible.
- …contempt… Line 1
- …black –legging… Line 4
- …natural destiny… Line 18
- …nuptial flight… Line 24
- contest of lunatics… Line 29
- …magnanimous resolve… Line 35
- …fuss over… Line 40
- …intricate… Line 41
- …progressive intelligence…Line 69
- …unanimity… Line 75