United Nations UN Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Specialist Job Careers – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Specialist Organisation: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda Reports to: FAO Representative About US: The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has a global mandate to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to global economic’ growth. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. Job Summary: The Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Specialist leads and manages the MEAL team of the FAO Representation in Uganda will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning framework for FAO Uganda Key Duties and Responsibilities: Develop an effective and responsive MEAL framework for FAO Uganda in line with the Representation’s Country Programming Framework (CPF) and in close collaboration with project/programme managers.
- Design, conduct and report on technical studies related to the CPF.
- Support the documentation of best practices and lessons learned; tracks and reports on accountability to affected populations (AAP), partners and stakeholders in project/programme work and implementation.
- Lead the design of questionnaires, implementation of surveys, as well as collection and analysis of data for baseline/endline surveys, impact assessments, pre- and post-distribution assessments etc.
- Support and coordinate progress reporting and independent mid-term review(s) and evaluation(s) of FAO Uganda projects and programmes; in particular, documents and generates persuasive impact evidence and communicates them effectively to the Government of Uganda, development partners, implementing partners and other FAO project and programme stakeholders.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project; provide advice to project managers/teams on improving project/programme performance using M&E findings.
- Significantly contribute data and evidence to the development of project concepts, proposals and documents; provides overall quality assurance of project/programme log-frame and work plan development.
- Identify and use novel approaches for data collection including use of big data, crowd sourcing, remote data collection and other emerging trends.
- Lead the design and implementation of seasonal assessments including regional and nation-wide food security assessments, resilience measurement, crop conditions, and key agro-climatological indicators.
- Build the capacity of programme staff on MEAL and identifies areas where technical support to partners may be required; organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Establish working relationships and participate in regular coordination and planning meetings with Government of Uganda ministries, departments and agencies, including Uganda Bureau of Statistics, Office of the Prime Minister, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industries and Fisheries and Ministry of Water and Environment.
- Actively participate in the UN’s M&E team and contribute to MEAL activities of the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNDSCF) for Uganda.
- Become the custodian of all MEAL related and thematic datasets for Uganda by developing and regularly maintaining and updating databases that are easily accessible to programme staff; ensures that existing data holdings of the MEAL Unit are reviewed, cleaned, updated and catalogued.
- Make regular and effective use of existing FAO data sources and analytical tools including the Global Information and Early Warning System, FAO Statistics, technical platforms such as WaPOR, data portals, geospatial network and geospatial platform; maintains and updates a high quality geospatial dataset for Uganda including administrative and thematic layers.
- Develop programme dashboards in collaboration with Programme Support and Partnerships unit.
- Perform any other task required by the FAO Representative.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Specialist job opportunity should hold an advanced university degree in Economics or Statistics
- Five years of relevant experience in MEAL in humanitarian/development fields
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Uganda.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Team Work
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated MEAL experience in humanitarian/development fields (experience in agriculture, natural resource management, emergency and food security fields is desirable)
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method) and data collection and analysis methodologies; familiarity with impact assessments is an advantage
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects
- Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming.
- Excellent working knowledge of geographic information systems and remote sensing applications (i.e ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth Engine)
- Excellent working knowledge of advanced statistics and the ability to use data analysis tools (i.e. SPSS, R and/or Python)
- Excellent ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines
- Excellent moderation, facilitation and training skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
How to Apply: All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below. Click Here Deadline: 29th April 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE