United Nations UN Volunteer Jobs – Programme Officer – Women Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF)
Organization: United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Host Organization: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UNWomen)
Duty Station: Uganda
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the monitoring and reporting of WPHF grantees and sharing of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (WPHF Secretariate, NSC, Donors) audiences
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission quarterly progress reports submitted by WPHF grantees and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Lead development and monitor the WPHF Monitoring and Evaluation Plan; incl. technical support to design of monitoring and evaluation standards, development of monitoring tools and standards.
- Lead and support in all reporting obligations; quarterly and yearly WPS reports, annual WPHF report(s), quarterly calls with the WPHF secretariat and other donor reports as necessary;
- Include inputs from relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations into programme formulation, knowledge and outreach products.
- Collect and compile program activity information, evaluating progress toward achievement of annual work plans and related program outcomes.
- Implement and provide technical support incl. through trainings to partners on M&E and reporting, in particular in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, evaluation tools, SMART indicator development and Baseline Surveys;
- Provide substantive inputs to internal and external communication efforts and advocacy efforts
- Lead the implementation of the internal and external WPHF Uganda communications and advocacy strategy in close coordination with the Communication Unit/Lead CO Uganda and WPHF secretariat;
- Develop communication materials for marketing and donor outreach, including program briefs, partner profiles and press releases in coordination with the supervisor;
- Liaises and coordinates with Country Office (CO) communications staff to ensure communication and on WPHF activities;
- Support and prepare content for the WPSHA quarterly newspaper; website and social media platforms of the UN Women regional and country office ensuring consistent quality and appropriateness of the materials;
- Support the preparation of regular updates to the WPHF National Steering Committee and Quarterly Calls with the WPHF secretariat;
- Ensure quality and timely documentation of success stories and share within the relevant network;
- Maintenance of Project communication information database and photo library.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, presentations and donor profiles related to the WPHF activities in Uganda.
- Support WPHF focal point in programme implementation
- Support in guiding WPHF grantees in project implementation through regular communication, monitoring and as well as ensuring appropriate and timley deliviery of reports and financial documentation through quarterly implementation reports.
- Maintain relationships with WPHF grantees to support implementation and coordination of the WPHF grantee projects in Uganda.
- Support in administrative tasks to support WPHF focal pointas necessary.
- Support WPHF focal point in implementing WPHF Uganda capacity building (CB) programme for WPHF grantees
- Support the implementation of the WPHF Uganda capacity building programme and coordinate with relevant colleagues in the CO, external experts and WPHF grantees on its implementation.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners based on project implementation and reporting of WPHF grantees and facilitate support to capacity building measures.
- Identify relevant good practices, evaluation findings, lessons learned, conclusions and recommendations for the development of knowledge products and capacity development tools.
- Support the development and dissemination of capacity building and knowledge products including training materials and packages for WPHF grantees.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the UN Volunteers Programme Officer Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Communication– Women Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) job must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in International relations, Development Studies, Monitoring & Evaluation, Communication, Gender/Women’s Studies.
- A first-level university degree in combination with six additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of progressively advanced level responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation, communication and programme management in development cooperation context
- Experience in the Women, Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action is essential;
- Relevant experience in working with civil society organisations, donor agencies, Ministries, Agencies and Departments of Government and the media is an asset;
- Experience in the United Nations systems in an asset.
- Good knowledge of programme formulation and implementation and Results Based Management
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Age: 22 years and above
Competencies values: Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations Volunteers UNV in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 29th March 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE