USAID Project Coordinator Job Opportunity – Pathfinder International (PI)
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organization: Pathfinder International (PI)
Project Name: USAID funded Integrated Systems Strengthening (ISS) for CHW (Community Health Worker) programming project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Pathfinder International (PI) is an international non-profit organization that is dedicated to supporting high-quality comprehensive reproductive health services. PI Uganda office is implementing the USAID funded Integrated Systems Strengthening (ISS) for CHW (Community Health Worker) programming project, which aims to strengthen community health approaches to reduce barriers to effective primary health coverage in diverse systems as well as support National Policies and their implementation. The project emphasis is to make quality services available by means that can be scaled, through improved referrals and linkages across the continuum of both community mobilization and structural interventions approach.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and managerial responsibility and oversight to the project which is led by the Pathfinder Uganda team. The Project Coordinator’s responsibilities consist of leading health and community systems strengthening, stakeholder engagement, preparation of project needs assessments, work plans and reports, management of personnel and budgets, and monitoring and evaluation/ tracking outcomes for on-time delivery. S/he will work with a multi-disciplinary team and serve as the Pathfinder spokesperson on behalf of the project to promote the project goals, achievements and strengths to key stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with the preparation of project needs assessments, work plans, training programs, study tours/site visits, budgets and project briefs/updates and quarterly reports.
- Oversee project personnel activities including hiring of team members, training, mentoring and appraisal of staff.
- Offer technical assistance in the areas of health and community systems strengthening, knowledge management, and capacity building.
- Work closely with the Project team, contribute towards implementation of community based outreach services.
- Coordinate and provide technical assistance for all advocacy work at the Local, District, and National levels while working with partners to ensure timely implementation, policy compliances etc.
- With partners, coordinate and ensure proper documentation of project interventions
- Provide updates to Pathfinder UG and HQ staff, participate in technical and finance meetings as appropriate.
- Supervise assigned project staff
- Serve on the Senior Management Team to provide input to the direction of country program activities.
- Other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Master’s degree in public health, international development, social science, environmental health or equivalent.
- At least five years’ experience working with health and community systems strengthening in Uganda
- A minimum of five to seven years of strong program management experience in an international NGO including supervision, monitoring, evaluation and program design.
- In-depth experience in strengthening community and health systems in Uganda; and,
- Expertise in engaging stakeholders spanning local/community, national and global levels.
- Expertise in managing complex partnerships.
- Experience with integration of health and development efforts and proven ability to work effectively in a multi-region, multi-partner, cross-cultural team environment.
- Experience in implementation of MEL plans.
- Strong skills in knowledge management and translation (implementation to policy).
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and environment.
- Good collaboration and team participation skills.
- Excellent written (report writing), oral, interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills and a keen sense of understanding for advocacy to get government support for the project and its sustainability in the future.
- Willingness to travel frequently in furtherance of project objectives as required.
- Proficiency in both English and local languages.
- Knowledgeable/experienced in computer applications, in particular MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet etc.
- Self-driven; able to prioritize work according to importance/deadlines while meeting conflicting work demands.
- Demonstrated donor solicitation, proposal writing and report preparation skills are required
- Diplomacy and tact.
- Knowledge of major international donor rules/regulations (USAID, Foundations etc.) and track record of implementing donor funded projects.
- Demonstrated strong Family Planning/Reproductive Health advocacy skills with public and private sectors
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking on the link below.
Click Here -> Search for Uganda -> Choose (Project Coordinator)