Assistant Accountant Job Opportunities – Habitat for Humanity Uganda
Organisation: Habitat for Humanity Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Habitat for Humanity Uganda (HFHU) affiliated to Habitat for Humanity International (HFHl) is an Ecumenical Christian Ministry that welcomes to its work all people dedicated to the cause of eliminating poverty housing.
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant supports HFHU to operate efficiently & effectively. Functionally this requires timely and accurate data entry to ensure timely preparation of financial statements. The Assistant Accountant is also responsible for the cash management function to support the organization’s operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Data processing to support Financial Reporting
- Responsible for timely and accurate Branch and National office reports
- Reviews reports for accuracy using a branch Report Checklist.
- Reviews source documents of accountability for reasonableness and authenticity.
- Make corrections on reports as necessary and communicates changes to the branch Accounts Assistant.
- Assists branch staff in correcting reporting errors and solving problems in financial reporting
- Reviews loan disbursement and repayment data
- Responsible for entering data into computerized accounting software.
- Enters reviewed branch data into SUN system
- Enters other financial data into Sun systems
- Assists in the timely and accurate submission of HFHU reports to HFHI.
- Assists in monthly bank and balance sheet items reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation and review of monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Responsible for management of National Office Petty Cash :
- Disburses National Office petty cash according to approved requests and cash handling controls.
- The Assistant Accountant will receipt all monies received at the National Office and bank them.
- Reviews accountabilities for the petty cash advances.
- Maintain reasonable cash balances and ensure replenishment of the approved petty cash float
- Prepares payment vouchers and related work
- Prepares payment vouchers for all the approved requests.
- Responsible for withdrawing cash and depositing all HFH Uganda cash and check receipts.
- Responsible for making payments to suppliers and others parties and ensuring proper acknowledgement is received from them.
- Supports both the internal and External Audit Processes by providing required documents and information.
- Ensures that the finance printed stationary is in stock and requested finance books are disbursed in a timely manner
- Tracks the stock of finance printed and other stationery items
- Any other reasonable duties as relates to the interests and operations of Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Studies with a specialization in Accounting.
- At least three years post qualification experience in a busy finance environment.
- Computer Literacy with Competency in MS word, MS Excel and SUN Accounting software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Strong planning, organization, interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills as well as team building and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
- High level of professional people management and customer care skills
Note: This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate achievement of the responsibilities in accordance with the performance review process.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should their applications to the Human Resource Department to this email address: email@example.com
The position applied tor should he indicated clearly in the subject line. Habitat for Humanity Uganda
Tel: 0414 501457/0392 765 802.
Deadline: Friday, 13th December 2019