Rescue Officer and Warden NGO Job Opportunities – Dwelling Places (DP)
Organisation: Dwelling Places (DP)
Duty Station: Buloba, Uganda
Reports to: Restore Program Manager
Dwelling Places (DP) is a registered Christian Non Governmental Organization
(NGO) which specialises in the rescue, rehabilitation, reconciliation, resettlement and follow-up of children living on the streets. The overall objective of DP is to have a society where every child has a chest to rest their head on and a place to call home.
Job Summary: The Rescue Officer and Warden will mainly rescue and provide holistic, safe residential support to help rescued children rehabilitate and recover.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
As Rescue Officer
- Plan and map street outreaches
- Participate in the annual planning and budgeting for outreach activities
- Mobilize the rescue team for planning of outreaches
- Prepare requisitions and account for the funds received within 5 working days
- Collect data and ensure proper documentation of the rescue information
- Identify children that fit the DP category (children living on the streets part time or full time aged 12 years and below) and recommend for recruitment on the DP program
- Organize the proper documentation for the children and open files for the children (Recruitment forms, CSI baseline, photographs, consent forms for children with parents or guardians, referral letters, photos etc.)
- Organize transport for the children from the streets to the Transitional Rehabilitation Home
- Refer children that do not fit in the DP support categories to other organizations
- Write weekly reports and submit them by end of business Friday.
- Maintain up to date registers of the street outreach and referral data
- Represent Dwelling Places at the crane monthly street children working group
- Participate in tracing/ resettlement and follow-up activities whenever the street outreach role is inactive
As a Warden:
- Conduct counseling and reconciliation sessions for the children in Buloba
- Update the children’s files (Both Buloba and documentation office) with the day to day progress of the children including the database
- Plan and conduct weekly sports and recreation activities for the children in residential care
- Participate in Planning and implementation of family time, peer tutoring, Etiquette classes for the children in residential care
- Assist the Restore Program Manager in the implementation of the child protection policy
- Discipline the children in residential care in line with the guidelines and policy
- Prepare and deliver letters to the Probation and Social Welfare officer of children coming in and going out of the home.
- Conduct mentorship activities for the children in residential care, those in reintegration and their families.
- Perform any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the Immediate supervisor or Line Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma or Degree in social work
- Two years of related work experience in an NGO.
- Able to effectively communicate and relate to people of all levels of internal management, staff and volunteers within the organization
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, good judgment & strong focus
- Proficient in Microsoft office, especially Access, excel and Word
- Ability to collect data and analyse the success and failure of programs
- Ability to produce clear written documentation
- Experience and qualifications
- Born again Christian
- Fluent in Ngakaramojong, English, some Luganda and swahili
- Male applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
Please kindly deliver your applications to our office, Dwelling Places head office -off Nalukolongo Masaka road near Mutundwe Police Station or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0312-513701 between 8:30AM-5:00PM Monday to Friday.
Deadline: 19th April 2019 by 5:00PM