Senior Accountant Financial Reporting Job Opportunity – Stanbic Bank
Job Title: Senior Accountant-Financial Reporting
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 26441
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant-Financial Reporting will support Stanbic Bank by driving the overall integrity and accuracy of the General Ledger as a basis for the preparation of financial and management reports. The incumbent will ensure appropriate financial controls are implemented across the bank to support integrity of the General ledger. The jobholder will also be tasked with the preparation of Internal financial control reports
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Accountant-Financial Reporting will be Stanbic Bank’s key custodian of the General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, and the repository for all Financial and Management information for the Bank.
- Tasked with monitoring all internal balance sheet account movements and ensuring that they reflect the correct balances and all relevant account reconciliations are performed and corrective actions taken timeously.
- In charge of reviewing of monthly general ledger reconciliations to ensure that outstanding items are timeously cleared, resultant entries processed and the amounts reflected in the general ledger appropriately supported.
- Keenly review of suspense accounts to ensure that these are cleared daily.
- Perform regular reviews on all units conducting reconciliation and drive corrective actions were gaps are noted.
- Support the full substantiation of the total balance sheet.
- Co-ordinate all Internal Financial Control (IFC) and Balance sheet substantiation (BSS) reporting.
- Ensure monthly Value at Risk (VaR) assessments are performed on all balance sheet accounts in the bank and recommend appropriate provisioning requirements.
- The Senior Accountant-Financial Reporting will also be posting journals into the system.
- Tasked with the preparation of requisite schedules for the annual audit
- Ensure maintenance of and adherence to Group and SBUL accounting policies and procedures.
- Provision of Technical Advice and Accounting support to other Functional Units
- Playing a leading role in coaching and developing his/her team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Senior Accountant-Financial Reporting job opportunity should hold a B.Com (Accounting/Finance).
- Professional ACCA qualification
- At least two years experience.
- In depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Computer literacy skills and knowledge of personal computers and software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access & SAP.
- Working knowledge of Bankmaster and Branchpower is added advantage.
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Stanbic Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 1st September 2017