Fresher Admin United States US Embassy Jobs – USEFM Pol/Econ Office Management Assistant
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: Kampala-2021-003
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Political/Economic Management Assistant is a key member of the 13-person POL/ECON Section. The position’s direct supervisor is the Counselor for Political and Economic Affairs. The position is primarily responsible for supporting the POL/ECON Counselor and Deputy Counselor, but also assists the other officers in the section as requested and time permits. S/he performs a full range of office management, administrative, records, logistics and protocol duties. The incumbent backs up the Human Rights Officer on overseeing all Leahy vetting functions in his/her absence.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy USEFM Pol/Econ Office Management Assistant job opportunity should have completed Secondary School. Required
- A minimum of three years of clerical, administrative, office support, event or travel management in an office setting is required.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy are required. The incumbent should also possess good managerial skills, and a personality that inspires confidence in Locally Employed Staff and permits the maintenance of effective working relationships with employees and supervisors.
- Ability to forecast needs for resources, and to plan and assess problems and develop realistic solutions; anticipate all scheduling and logistical needs for the Counselor and the Deputy Counselor to ensure the smooth functioning of their schedules;
- Ability to tactfully and efficiently work with American officers and Locally Employed Staff so that the Pol/Econ section provides the highest quality support to the Mission;
- Ability to tactfullly manage other section’s contributions to the Leahy Vetting process in order to process requests in a timely fashion; able to work constructively with Washington-based administrators of the Leahy Vetting process in order to gain the maximum amount of leeway and receptivity for Mission’s nominess in the most timely fashion;
- Ability to create and maintain a good working climate in order to ensure maximum productivity in a service-oriented fashion.
- Basic typing skills required. Must me able to use Microsoft Office Suites and e2. Numerical skills required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 17th February 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE