Janitor Jobs – United States US Embassy / Mission
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: Kampala-2020-002-RA1
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: Assigned as one of the janitors performing duties at the U.S. Embassy, GSO warehouse and US mission house pool during ‘make ready’ season. Performs laborer duties during absence of laborers or during increased workload in these categories.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Janitor Duties: 85%
- This position works alone and generally performs the follow janitorial duties: cleans restrooms, sweeps, mops and waxes floors; thoroughly cleans bathrooms, mirrors, shower facilities and associated plumbing sanitary wares, windows; cleans kitchens and appliances, dusts woodwork and work surfaces; empties office trash and recycle bins and sanitizes embassy trash holding area, brushes ceilings to remove spider webs, cleans and refills drinking water coolers; cleans floors in corridors, stairways and other assigned areas.
- Responsible for reporting water leaks, plumbing problems and other malfunctioning office appliances and equipment as well as reporting broken windows.
Laborer Duties: 15%
- Assists GSO and Facilities in moving, loading, unloading, and carrying equipment to designated locations, moving supplies to/from work sites and cleaning vacant houses.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Janitor job opportunity should have completed primary school is required.
- At least six months of janitorial or general cleaning experience is required.
- Proper use of cleaning materials. Names and types of unsafe cleaning material is required.
- Language: English level II (Limited knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 23rd March 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda